the dentist?

did your kids freak out the first time? im dreading taking my son for the first time because i already know he's not going to let the doctor touch his mouth, and im sure he'll start to freak. any suggestions?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 11:29 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ask the doctor id he can sit in your lap. that is what my daughters dentist let her do when she was little.
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 11:32 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I was scared too but it was not bad at all. My dd is 15 months and she did great. She did scream but the doctor was happy because that way he could see all the way to the back of her mouth. It really was not as bad as I thought. They gave her a toy afterwards and she was happy go lucky.

Good luck.
    jepelican

Answer by jepelican at 11:33 AM on May. 1, 2009

• try to find a dentist that is for children. They know what to do and their offices are usually a hell of a lot more kid friendly.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 12:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Our dentist refuses to see kids and insisted that kids should only be seen by a pediatric dentist. I thought that this was the dumbest thing that I had ever heard and I was wrong! Take you child to a pediatric dentist for a few years, and then transition to yours.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We go to a pediatric dentist and he is wonderful! The first visit he just looked in their mouths, counted their teeth, and that was about it. There was no cleaning involved. My girls were not afraid the first time. Good Luck!
    LovetoTeach247

Answer by LovetoTeach247 at 4:23 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My PED. said lilones doesnt need to see a dentist till 3yr old until then just practice good brushing at home !!
    Anonymous