why is my 2month old spitting up so much?

my 2 month old son spits up constantly all day and hes also had other symptoms (low fever on and off, some mucus, cranky). i took him to the dr. and she said it was because i gave him formula once instead of breast milk. he is 14lbs so its not affecting his growth any..it just doesn't seem normal to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Your doctor is right. It is from the formula. Any kind of dairy causese mucus. Especially in a breastfed child. And he is probably cranky because it's upsetting his stomach and causing him to vomit constantly. Stick to the breastmilk.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 11:52 AM on May. 1, 2009

• You need to talk to your doctor about acid reflux! My daughter is 5 months old now and I was breastfeeding and found out the reason she was so cranky and spitting up constantly was b/c she has acid reflux and she's now on Zantac and Similac Alimentum and doing so so so much better, much happier and NO more spit up @ all..once in a while with a big bubble but not every day and not constantly! You need to talk to your dr about him having acid reflux..seriously it's painful for the little ones!
    Diamondgurl08

Answer by Diamondgurl08 at 1:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• my daughter had acid reflux they put her on zantack drops for a year she out grew it shes good now
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:19 PM on May. 1, 2009