How long after a divorce???

I am just finishing up with a divorce... how long would you think of waiting before putting yourself back on the market? I don't want the whole falling for the rebound thing... And I def don't want to fall in love again for a while...

Coastiegirl96

Asked by Coastiegirl96 at 11:42 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it's best to wait until you feel "healed" over the relationship. Whether you are just looking to date or are open to a serious relationship, I wouldn't do so unless you really feel OVER your X. Otherwise, a lot of pent up, unaddressed emotions, desires, pain, & needs, may find there way into your dating. I think rebounding is really only an issue when are still "woring out" your old relationship with new people, so you end up projecting a lot from your past on the new person because your drives stem from you unaddressed needs & feelings. So, only you know if you are ready. You'll feel it when you are. Plus, you can't plan out everything in life, sometimes you just have to follow your heart! GL :)

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:57 AM on May. 1, 2009

• I think it depends on when you're ready to start dating again.
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 11:51 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Well I wouldnt actually LOOK for another guy and do the whole "if it happens, it happens" and just be sure and let them know you just got out of a divorce and dont want to move to fast.
    Do it at a speed that YOU are comfortable with.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 11:53 AM on May. 1, 2009

• go out and have fun and if it happens go with it. just remember why you got a divorce and try not to make the same mistakes again. if you have learned something from your divorce, you should not have a problem sorting through men to find the one that will make life easier and less dramatic for you. good luck!
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 11:54 AM on May. 1, 2009

• Sorry, *when you are still "working out"

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:59 AM on May. 1, 2009