• In the Spotlight:

How to clean an oven?

Ok, you are probably going to laugh at me, but I do not know how to use my self-clean oven. It came with the house when we bought it and the previous owners didn't leave the manual for it. Its a Whirlpool self cleaning oven, but I don't know how to clean it. Any suggestions or tips? Its messy, I really need to clean it.

ABPeterson

Asked by ABPeterson at 11:51 AM on May. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Not sure, but you can probably google the brand and even find the instructions online or call the manufacters number and ask. I had to do that with my Sears oven that was left in my house.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Wipe up anything grungy off the bottom. Then look on your knobs and one of them will say clean on it. There is a lock on your oven door, feel underneath between the top and the door for it. Push the lever all the way over to lock it and then turn the oven on to the clean knob. It will stop when it finishes. If all else fails they make oven cleaner for self cleaning ovens now.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 8:25 AM on May. 2, 2009