Im 5'4' and a little heavy

so i need to know some honest opinions what I could wear for this summer to keep me cool

Momoftwo278

Asked by Momoftwo278 at 12:12 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• ...I'm 5'0 and very heavy, actually. Lol, just wear whatever you're comfortable in.

Capris, shorts if you want (I don't simply because I don't like the way I look in them right now), tank tops or any t-shirt that is made of a light material, peasent skirts....Just like any other woman would dress! As long as you are comfortable and you like the way you look, who cares?
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 5:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm 5' and a little heavy. I wear capris and tank tops. Skirts too. There's a lot of cute things.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 12:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am 5'4 and have about 20 lbs on me. I wear capris. My favorites are the ones from the Gap. One pair looks like chinos and the other is cargo with the little strings on the side. As far as shirts, I like polos. I have a few button ups, but its getting too hot. I buy my t-s at Tommy Hilfiger and my SS polos at the Ralph Lauren store. I live near an outlet mall so its much cheaper to do that for me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• sun dresses are always nice and cool! light weight material with a flatering cut barmuda shorts are goo to hide thighs, they have sheer airy material for awesome summer tops
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 12:54 PM on May. 1, 2009

• join the club, first off wear what you want as long as YOU are comfortable don't care what others think. Woven cottons are cooler then knits so I would wear a short sleeve button down top over a tank any day and I prefer to wear bermudas over short shorts but that's my insecurities over my celluite, I don't need to see it. I doitend to wear capris more often then shorts in public only because they are a little dressier. Skirts are back in style too and they flatter everyone. How about a gauze peasant skirt?
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm 5'2. I wear sundresses, capris, tank tops...you name it. I love any piece of clothing with an empire waist. This pulls in at the smallest part of the torso and brings the focus up to our bust and face thus creating an illusion of being smaller waisted. You'll look cute and classy as long as you stay away from super tight and/or belly/buttcrack revealing clothes :) 

TessaBianca

Answer by TessaBianca at 3:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• ive found that dark jeans, and a loosely fitted cute tank top is cute and hides my rolls. im also 5'4. but im 175 lbs. so it sucks, i know. the shirts that flatter my body are polos shirts from old navy, the cute light weight wavy shirts, kinds like a sundress, but its just the top, (does that make sense?) dark jeans always look nice. i use dark clothing, mostly, cause dark colors are slimming.
    i hope this helps. =/
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 4:58 PM on May. 1, 2009