The View

lastweek the ladies on the view said that moms using blogging websites (cafemom) are using them as a way to fill some sort of void in their lives. Do you think this is true? what are your thoughts on this? just curious

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Heck yeah! I'm a stay at home mom with a 4 year old and I'm 36 weeks pregnant! I need some grown up time and my lil dude can't embarrass me on here! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't think so. I work everyday and my life is pretty full of fun times but I like to come on here to get other moms opinions on things and the just for fun question usually are good for a laugh when I'm having a tough day.
    Anonymous

• I think its true to a point. I know for me, as well as others I know,its used as a way to get that adult interaction we need. Its not an "addiction" the way they were talking, but more of an outlet.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I actually agree. The void I'm trying to fill is mommy friends. I don't have any friends that are mom's, so my friends just don't understand me. I LOVE coming on here talking to other mom's that understand me.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 12:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think its true. I agree with the first poster. Im a SAHM with 2 children. We just moved to a new area. I do not know ANYONE here. Besides taking my kids to the park and stuff. I really have Nobody to interact with on an adult level when my husband is at work. Cafemom is great, i get to come on here when my children are playing or taking a nap and socialize with moms who have something in common with me. I love it.
    Anonymous

• same here, i dont have any friends that are moms either, im a young mom and ppl my age dont wanna be friends with someone with a baby because i have more responsibility and cant go out and be wreckless. my whole life is my baby now, so i go on here to talk to ppl who understand and have similar concerns when it comes to being a mom
    abbyl2490

Answer by abbyl2490 at 12:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Ya its adult time.
    I have 3 kids under age 5, I use these to give me some adult talk time. I also chat with friends who I dont get to see regularly.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:35 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If "The View" doesn't like CF, then it must be doing something right. I really hate that show.shouting

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 12:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Well, theres a level of truth to that, but I am sure it was said in demeaning way. I hate that show. For me personally, I could live with or without it, but it does fill some need. Just the need for conversation with another adult (unless their all acting like 12 yr olds) and I love to give other moms advice about issues that I have already done and conquered. Thats all. If thats a void, then okay, call it what you want, but its not a bad thing. We all have voids in our lives somewhere, yes even the ladies on the view.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• it's somewhat correct. It helps keep others informed, as well as find similarities with other moms. So in a sense, you are filling a void. But I don't think it's as deep as they made it sound. Most of us could leave this site and others like it, without a problem and never look back because it's just filling time, and we enjoy it, but we can find other things to do if we truly wanted to.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:48 PM on May. 1, 2009