• In the Spotlight:

OK, New Moms, I Want HONESTY

Do you REALLY shower every day? Did you expect to? Do you wish you could more? If you can, how do you manage it?

mmmommy0207

Asked by mmmommy0207 at 12:23 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a 4 year old and STILL don't get to shower daily! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Nope, I don't/can't. When I DO shower, she goes in with me. Hopefully with my SO's shift change, that will change soon and I will be able to shower almost every day by myself.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think I showered more when my son was a baby. now I can rarely get one in since he never really naps.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 12:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think I've skipped a shower maybe twice since my daughter was born (she's four months old). I get my fiance to watch her while I take a quickie. If he can't watch her, I wait until she's in bed at night and then I take a long shower haha. My hair gets nasty if I don't wash it daily.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• in my experience moms who work outside the home in general get to shower more often than stay/work at home moms. I don't get a shower everyday but I guess I don't really mind. There was a period of time when my son had colic and was very very sick and had to be admitted to the hospital. I took him in and i was sitting there trying to make myself look presentable I realized it had been a week since I had had a real shower... ewe. It takes a while to find a new balance between taking care of yourself and every other little thing that goes on in your home and if you aren't out and about almost everyday, looking presentable takes a back seat to cooking cleaning baby care and for those of us who work from home, work. I dont expect to shower everyday it's more like every other day or every three days if it's really crazy, but when I do get my shower I live it up for 20 minutes or so Muah ha ha
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yes, I did. I ever showered at the hospital. Babies don't require 100% of your attention 24/7. Espically when they are young and just eat , sleep and poop. Once they get mobile, it gets a little harder, but I'm married so I just have hubby watch dd fo r me.
    Anonymous

• I used to put my munchikins in a bouncer seat or saucer and bring them in the BR with me... play peekabo... sing...or just let them cry for a min I knew they were safe, I HAVE to take a shower everyday!
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 12:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Me either. Sometimes I don't even get to shower every other day! I spend almost all of my daughter's waking day entertaining her. Then when she naps I try to get as much done as I can, and showering is always last on that list. By the time she goes down to bed it's time to make dinner for the rest of us. After eating and cleaning up I'm just to damn tired to shower!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 12:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Well the first maybe 2 months were hard because I never knew when he was going to start fussing, or if he was asleep I never knew when he was going to wake up. Once I got used to his schedule and especially when he learned to entertain himself for a while it was easier. Now he goes to bed at 8pm every night so I have a chance to take one then, or in the morning while my husband plays with him.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:31 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I pretty much showered every day when I as a new mommy, I would just put the kids in their cribs when I needed to de-funk myself :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:31 PM on May. 1, 2009