• In the Spotlight:

Stress and pregnancy...?

Recently, my man started drinking almost everyday. I'm always stressed and we have screaming matches sometimes. I'm 22 weeks pregnant so I know the baby can hearsome of it. What effects does and could this have on the baby?

Sparkle97

Asked by Sparkle97 at 12:39 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you're stressed out, the baby can be put into distress. just walk away when it gets heated... take a warm bubble bath, clear your mind and take deep breaths....try to relax.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:48 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Stress can raise your heartrate as well as the babys. It can also put the baby in distress and sometimes can cause pre-term labor. If your man is drinking excessively and causing fights, you might want to rethink the relationship and if it's worth your well being and the well being of your child. I've dealt with this and it's NOT fun! Hugs!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It's definitely not good for baby. reexamine your relationship, and see if it is even worth it! Or tell him there has to be guidelines to conversations/arguments, so it doesn't get out of hand.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2074993_argue-effectively.html
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 1:15 PM on May. 1, 2009