i really want him trained

my son will be 3 sept 1st...i have been on and off PT cause i dont think he was ready..he would sit on the potty for a long time and really do much of nothing...now i really want him PT...im hoping to put him in preschool when he is 3 and he has to be PT i believe cause they arent a daycare...i need some advise to get him going and keep going....i have tried *if u go potty ill give u an egg*...it has candy in it...sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt...

kelly87

Asked by kelly87 at 12:39 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have recently learne because I trained my own- that they don't care when YOU are ready for them to be trained- it is ALL them. The other key- you MUST decide to throw out diapers and just be done with it- if you go back and forth- it will just take him even longer. I know- I did the same thing! :) But it really took my own kiddo being totally ready- another thing- he LOVED peeing outside- gross I know, but it has REALLY helped us! You must not give up- consistancy is the hobglobin of small minds :) remember that! :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 12:42 PM on May. 1, 2009

• before you get too stressed, check with the preschool to find out for certain if he needs to be potty trained. many preschools are ok with kids being in diapers.

I wish I had some concrete advice to give, but we haven't started potty training yet (my son is 23 months). Maybe a book for him about potty training would get him interested? My son loves The Potty Book by Alyssa Satin Capucilli.
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 12:54 PM on May. 1, 2009