Totally poopy problem!

My daughter (nine months) seems to be having a hard time pooping. She was going three times a day (every time she ate) with no problem. We're starting to change her diet and introduce more finger food because she's tired of baby food. So I know that's why. She grunts, turns red and whines because it hurts (she's pooping hard logs like she's constipated). I try to get more liquid in her but she's really not interested. The doc (we went for nine month check up yesterday) said to try prune baby food. Like I said, she's totally sick of baby food and throws a fit when I try to give it to her. Anyone have a suggestion?

HaydensMommy708

Asked by HaydensMommy708 at 12:40 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try to give her some prunes (the actual fruit) if she won't eat the baby food. Other than that make sure she's getting enough fiber.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 12:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If she wont take baby food...and maybe wont take actual prunes in small pieces try pureeing them yourself & see if she'll take them that way (seedless)...sometimes if a baby knows it's not the same texture as baby food they will try it..best of luck!
    Diamondgurl08

Answer by Diamondgurl08 at 1:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• my daughter has constipation problems. She is only 9 weeks not 9 months like yours and our doctor has us put a half ounce of prune juice in one bottle a day. Keeps her very regular and we dont have the hard little poops like we were having. She has normal baby poops now. Does your daughter still drink a bottle. Try putting half an ounce in one of her bottles a day. I hope you find something that works, its worked wonders for our little girl.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:23 PM on May. 1, 2009