How is your garden growing?

Is everyone having a good experience with their seed planting? My dill just came up today!! woo hoo I have it container planted. Last year it didn't do well in the ground. My basil is all coming up and I plan on selling them at my next yard sale. My tom. are all growing well, but two of them which are heirlooms do not have any flowers yet. Should I be concerned?

Every year my rosemary just up and dies or gets sickly looking. I haven't figured out how to grow it successfully. I put in two this year, one being a bush kind and the other being a trailing kind. The bush one died already and the trailing one looks fine but not growing yet. Is rosemary a slow grower?

lifeasinoit

Asked by lifeasinoit at 12:54 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Here are a few articles on growing rosemary.

http://naturehills.com/gardening/blogs/common_questions_answered/archive/2009/02/28/i-have-trouble-with-growing-rosemary-do-you-have-any-hints.aspx

http://www.gardeningpatch.com/herbs/growing-rosemary.aspx

http://gardening.about.com/od/vegetablepatch/a/Rosemary.htm

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 1:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We planted some bulbs and a few seeds in a pot last month and they've been growing very well! I can't wait until we get our balcony planters ready to go.

SotilSol

Answer by SotilSol at 12:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It's still a bit too cold here for much to be doing well except the leaf lettuces & radishes, but my strawberry plants are starting to perk up and both the garlic & shallots have started to put up shoots. The bulb onions left in the ground from last season are also doing quite well. I planted some kohlrabi, but I got it in a bit late because our weather has been so foul, but I expect to see a few seedlings pop up any day now. The potatoes are also sending out shoots, but it will be months before we can harvest, as these were just planted this Spring. As soon as these heavy storms pass & the ground dries out a bit, I've got several heirloom tomatoes & 2 eggplants ready to go in the ground, as well as 4 cucumber & 2 watermelon plants. All of my herbs are growing in window boxes this year, so they're doing well too.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 9:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I planted some flower seeds on Earth Day in a mini-greenhouse. The morning glories are sprouting nicely. Though three of them have croaked because of my cat and daughter snapping them in half. The cleomes are JUST now sprouting. I haven't ever really maintained a garden. I figure that I can start with flowers and graduate to herbs. Eventaully I'll be brave enough to grow veggies and fruit. :)
    MommyDumDum

Answer by MommyDumDum at 9:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I planted lettuce, spinach, radish and carrot seeds all in containers and they are sprouting very well. It is still a little early where I am in Pennsylvania to plant tomatoes outside. I'm not sure where you are located, but in the northeast it is still a little early to expect tomato blossoms. Give the plants a few more weeks.
    I don't have any experience with rosemary. Keep us posted on your progress.

Good Luck
    MissAAAAA

Answer by MissAAAAA at 1:02 PM on May. 2, 2009