What to get for a girl that is going to be 6 years old?

My daughter has a friend who she is going to her birthday party tomorrow. I would like to spend no more than 20.00 on a gift for her she will be 6 years old I have no idea what she plays with at home. She lives next door to us. What are some things to get a 6 year old for there birthday besides clothes and money?

Sorry I didn't know where to put this.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well, I'd start with asking your daughter what she likes to play with. If you don't get anywhere, there....

Jewelry making kit?

Gift card for Claire's?

If you think she'll be getting $$ from other people, you could get her a gift card for Build-A-Bear. I think those things start at around $25-$30.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 1:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• oh ya good idea LAURA1229 I forgot that is one thing that she likes to do is make necklaces and things so maybe I will do that
    Anonymous

• Arts & Crafts kits are great at that age. The posters with the black felt that are colored with markers are usually a big hit. Sets with cool pens, paper, stickers, etc. are good too. My daughter and her friends really liked the Lisa Frank sets at that age.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Little girls love small purses, anything dress up/make believe, play cooking stuff (you can get at a toy store or walmart), fun pillows or stuff in the theme she enjoys, hair stuff, play makeup, the choices are endless with girls. Boys, now thats a hard one...LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:18 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You can find lots of crafts at Michael's for that price. Also, a Hannah Montana t-shirt would be a definite hit. A pocketbook (they have cute ones at Claire's and Payless shoes). Also a Barbie doll is good. My daughter just turned 6 and these are all things she got and loved.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Play make-up. My dd is 5 1/2 and loves that stuff. Anything princess is good...maybe her own lotion, shampoo, conditioner set? Check out a dollarstore (if there's one by you) I find books, flash cards, workbooks, coloring books...all kinds of stuff there.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 1:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Books! Two great ones for a girl that age are I Like Me and Paperbag Princess.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:50 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have raised four daughters and daycare with more girl's than boys...having a granddaughter that is around that age right now, I would have to say anything that is Hannah Montana.....

they have jewelry sets, purses, guitars and one thing my granddaughter loves that i got her besides her Webkinz (the little animals that you put on the web and take care of them) is a mat that plugs into the TV and it lights up on the areas to step on to create dances. There is music to it and it teaches them very good direction following and co-ordination and body control.

I find that girl's that age love all the craft kits at Michael's or Craft Warehouse...they are not very expensive so you can get her several of them. They always like little things with several of them.

One of the favorite things that my daycare girl's like to do is play dress-up and you can get great fancy dresses at a resale store .Lenda
    lennyraye

Answer by lennyraye at 2:25 PM on May. 1, 2009