5 month old! Help

I really hope someone can help me! I am a first time mommy & I have no help (single mommy) and I'm so sleep deprived I'm out of it LOL. My daughter will be 5 months old in 2 days and in the last 2 days her first tooth came through her gums...so I'm sure this has something to do with the question I'm about to ask but I'm really hoping for advice..please! W/in the last 4-5 nights/days she's not sleeping...I'm lucky if she naps 20 min. each time during day unless I'm driving around running arronds then she might sleep 30-40 min. @ night she's only sleeping 30 min-1 hr. and then waking and then when she wakes it takes 2-3 hrs to get her back down sometimes, at least once a night we go through that...I'm having a tough time w this being a single mommy & being so tired myself but wanting to make her comfortable ...so please if anyone has any advice for me or info I would so appreciate it! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Diamondgurl08

Asked by Diamondgurl08 at 1:11 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I swear by a night time routine. Do you have one that you do religiously everynight? I got my baby sleeping through the night at 4 weeks. It took several weeks to get her days and nights going the right way but she goes to bed so well everynight and sleeps a good 6-7 hours straight. This is what we do. At 10:15 I make a bottle and warm it. then I take her to her room and take off her day time clothes and change her. Then I rub aveno calming lotion all over her body and give her a little massage. Then I put pjs on her and swaddle her body minus her arms (she hates them swaddled). I give her a bottle at 10:30 and it takes about 20 mins for her to eat. Then I rock her for about 10 mins and lay her in her crib. I may have to do a little butt pat to get her to fall back to sleep from the transition but she is asleep for the night by 11:00pm. I do this all with no lights and no tv and minimal talking. Good Luck!!!!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My 5 month old's first tooth just poked out of his gums last week and his second poked through 2 days ago. Hylands teething tablets work wonders. Maybe let her suck on an ice cube to calm her down? Or even a frozen washcloth is good. And I don't know if you do the bedtime routine, but that helps a great deal. Good Luck hon!
    KareemsMami

Answer by KareemsMami at 1:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• hyland teething tablets or gel its the best it will also help them sleep if there up bacause of teething ive used it when i had a tooth ache and it realy does work
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• baby oragel works wonders, just give it to her AFTER she eats or it will rub of, and like the other ladies said teething tablets
    proudmomwifey

Answer by proudmomwifey at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• infants motrin is my best friend get the kind that is white so you have no stains and lots of stuff to chew on and if she dont like the taste of the orajel like mi didnt cus of the taste there is colgate teething gel that you can get that is almost taste free and some that is mint flavored and a bet time schedule helps also i had a radio on in their room on a very low volume and that helped i think that the noise in the background helps you could try a sleeping cd with alot of nature sounds and ocean sounds and if all else fails call a baby sitter for a few hours and take a nap durring the day i noticed if i got too tired and i got a little rest they usually felt a little better babies know when mommy is stressed and tired and they will feel the same way
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 6:29 PM on May. 1, 2009