what do i do without being rude or insensitive? door to door sales people! :(

i have these two jevhovah witness girls that keep coming by. i am very nice to them, and listen for a few minutes while they tell me what they need to say. i thought oh i'll just be nice what can it hurt?? well - now they come every week - and said next time they come they want to come in and talk more - i don't want them in my home - its my personal space. i respect what they are doing and respect thier beliefs, i just am not interested in it. i don't know how to get them to go away without offending them???? so they keeeeeepppp coming.... :( along with alll the other door to door sales people. how can i get rid of alllll of them without being rude?!?!?! i'm over it. AND they wake up my baby and make my dog act crazy.... :(

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:21 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get yourself a "no soliciting" sign.A big one! Put it smack dab in the middle of your door!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 1:23 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i hate that religion.
    tell them to go away and they are sooo damn weird
    Anonymous

• I don't think there is a nice way to do it. I know they will just keep coming back. You could try telling them you aren't interested in converting to their religion and that you respect their beliefs but that it just isn't for you. I don't know if that will work though. Usually you have to be very blunt with these people. They don't give up so easily. I wouldn't let them in my home though, that is just creepy. Just tell them you don't feel comfortable with that.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 1:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• set up a specific time to 'meet up' and leave the house when they are supposed to arrive, and leave a note telling them you are not interested, and they need to stop comming by, or you will call harrassment on them.
    Anonymous

• I agree with pp. Get the "No Soliciting" sign to take care of the sales people.

As far as the JW's, just explain to them that you appreciate their time, but that you have no intention of converting, or being baptized into the church. If they say, "Well cant we just speak with you?"
    Tell them that you have had several conversations regarding their religion, and that based on that, you feel that your current religion is the best fit for you and your family, and that you cannot fully commit to your faith if you have other religious affiliates trying to convert you.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Go to walmart and get a No Soliciting sign!!!! For the Jehovah's Witnesses and for the salepeople. If they keep bugging you, tell them that you're not interested. If you didn't know it, Jehovahs Witness is a cult.....
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:32 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Or you could make a sign on your computer and tape it to your door.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 1:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i would suggest adding "especially Jehovah's Witnesses" to the bottom of your sign.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 1:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Once my year-old son honked the enormous tit of a Jehovah's Witness who kept on a-coming and she and her handy pal never came back.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 1:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I crack open the door and say I have a baby and it's not a good time. Or my new favorite one I have a gun and don't open the door. Ahhh love the south.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:45 PM on May. 1, 2009