how is your relationship with your M.I.L.?

Mine was good, but now she is a total B***h. I can not stand her.

We have a family share plan with phones (hubby thought that it would be 'a good idea') whatever. .
The only time she wants to talk to me when its the 1st when we owe her the money. and she'll send me a few extra questions like "how are the kids" then thats it.

I've told dh and all he says is "oh" (hes away from home right now)
They are very close, so he doesn't understand what I am saying. My mom doesn't 'bug' she'll call a few times a week to say hi when he isn't home or she'll send a txt msg when he is home just in case we're doing something (with the family)

I CAN'T STAND HIS MOM.....GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• my MIL sucks! I could tell you stories until the cows came home!
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 1:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Me and MIL have a okay relationship. We don't see eye to eye on things. She can be very needy from my husband....its sometimes crazy
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 1:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Mine used to be great but it isn't very good right now. She is blaming more for her son's post deployment issues. She even told my mother the other day that I never tell her anything about our DD. I send her cards, pictures (email/snail mail), and even dvd's. I even call and let our 16 month old babble at her on the phone. I dont say anything to my husband, they were so close, and I think he sees how she has been and never really calls her anymore.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:40 PM on May. 1, 2009

• How's this one for you.. Out of the 18yrs I've been with my hubby, My MIL stopped talking to me for 10 out of thoes 18yrs.. She's still not speaking to us since I gave her the wrong gift as a thank you at our wedding.. Yes I should be shot.. When my husband proposed to me she was jealous and made her husband buy her a bigger diamond and flaunted in my face.. Like I cared how much bigger her diamond was.. I loved mine because we were so broke at the time but he saved everything he could to buy it for me and I love it and wouldn't want anything bigger.. Mine is half and hers is 1 1/2 but the same setting as I have.. Nice huh??.. She's only seen my DD once in her life and that was at a funeral we had to go to and she was there too.. She doesn't want anything to do with her either.. I hope she doesn't come back into our lives...
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 1:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• dnt know her but cant stand his sister
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 2:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My MIL or ex MIL is awesome. Shes always encouraging and very helpful. Shes not really blood-being that my ex was more like "adopted" into their family... but Shes very protective.
    The biggest fight me and her ever got in was when we were living with her after my son was born and someone came into her work and said i was talking bad about her (which i wasnt- i didnt even know the person that well) so she kicked us out and didnt want to listen to my side of the story. but if it werent for that little push, me and my ex wouldnt have ever gotten into our own place and accomplished what we did. I owe a lot to that woman. and even though me and him arent together any more, i still love spending time with them. Does that make me weird?
    trystons_mommy

Answer by trystons_mommy at 2:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Mine is still punishing me for not letting my husband give her any more money. He took out a $3000 loan for her, even though I needed dental work. The end result was the same. She ended up getting evicted. And any woman who calls on Mother's Day to tell her son the best gift she could ever receive would be for him to help his brother with the moving expenses to move her in with the brother is not really with whom I can relate or want to for that matter.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We had a disagreement over a satellite bill she refused to pay us back for,and she just walked out of our lives.It hurts at birthday and x-mas time because she has never bought us anything in our 10 years of marriage,and she buys tons of gifts for the other grandchildren,but our son recieves crap.She can kiss my a$$ for all I care!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I do not like mine. She is very mean to my dh and walks around saying stuff like (Satan is attacking her and everyone else. Personally she has a screw loose. I can handle the screw being loose, but I cannot handle her mean actions and words to my family and especially my dh. She was here for a week and decided to tell my 14 yr old that her biggest mistake was giving birth. My Dh was right in the kitchen when she said that. He heard the whole conversation. He was and is still very hurt. She is very manipulative and is a instigator. She is not a nice woman at all. She threw a tantrum the day I came home from the hospital after giving birth because she could not have her way. I think she is a very evil woman. I have seen it first hand how she treats my dh and I believe him when he tells me his childhood was horrible. His own dad never wanted to be around her. I think she brought everything that has ever happened to her on herself
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 2:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I honestly like my plantar wart more than my husband's family. It wasn't so bad before my baby came but now that he is here I cannot stand them.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009