Does anyone know where I may be able to find some useful and legitimate information on fertility treatments?

How they work...how they are used...Who a good canidate is...the stats of them working/ not working anything like this would be very helpful thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would start with searching for fertility clinics in your area and go from there. If you want real life versions, join a group on CM that is for women undergoing fertility treatments. This way you will hear real life experiences. Other than that, I don't really know. I hope you get some helpful answers.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:35 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Try re-posting this question in the "Trying to Concieve" section on Answers. Those ladies have probably looked into all of this and can help you better. Good Luck!
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 1:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Good Luck. I wish I could say try planned parenthood, but they aren't about family planning. They are about preventing and terminating.
    myame

Answer by myame at 1:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Try to find websites that are put up by reputable medical orgnizations. Mayo Clinic is a good one for basic info. Resolve has some information and suggested links. These are good places to get an overview before you look deeper into more specific details regarding your particular situation. A good candidate may vary from clinic to clinic (some are more conservative, and others are more willing to try almost anything on anyone), but you can look at several and get a general idea of what criteria make success more likely. If you have found a clinic and a doctor you trust, your doctor may be your best source of information - they will know what your specific issues are and will be able to tell you which treatments in their opinion are most appropriate for you; they should also be able to discuss costs and success rates in their practice.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2009