How do you stop your female unfixed cat from peeing on the bed?

Fixing her is not an option, Hubby won't let me. The cat is his. She used to be sneaky about it when I first came into his life, but now that she has gotten more used to me, she does it right in front of me! Is she doing it because she doesn't know better or because she's trying to make some kind of kitty statement? I'm ready to pee on her myself!!!!!!!

MommaBear619

Asked by MommaBear619 at 1:41 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pets

• Anon 1:44, I guess it is a territory issue, lol.
    MommaBear619

Answer by MommaBear619 at 1:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• my cat had a peeing problem too. She would have a clean litter box and pee right outside of the box on the floor. She had a UTI. So maybe try taking the cat to the vet to rule that out before you get mad at it.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• thats an issue of territory! why wont your SO get her fixed?
    Anonymous

• She probably has some issues with you and fixing her will not solve the problem. My Kitty of 8yrs used to do that too. What should you do? . First, you probably are going to have to get a new mattress because your cat will still smell her urine and pee again. Every time she does it, try locking her in a room for a few hours it might take time but keep it up. Good Luck
    Tarabella

Answer by Tarabella at 1:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would squirt her in the face with a water bottle when you see her doing it. I also agree that you are probably going to have to buy a new mattress. And I also agree about getting her checked by a vet that she doesn't have a UTI.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Also agree about getting her checked for a uit. I had a cat that crawled up on my lap, and peed on me and himself, in what I believe was an attempt for me to notice that he had a problem. He had a bad infection that I hadn't noticed, and the vet said had I waited any longer, he may have died. :( No offense, but men are so stupid about this topic! We took in a male dog that my husband refuses to let me neuter. He doesn't pee IN the house, but as soon as he goes out, he hikes his leg on everything! (Not to mention that I am adamant that people have their animals fixed......grrrr.)

MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 7:34 PM on May. 1, 2009

• first really you dont really need to be squirting a cat in the face with a water bottle, and yes take it to the vet that has nothing to do with being fixed or not. cats will pee on things because of changes that have happened in their life or there is a medical problem. take the cat to a vet.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:23 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Cats will pee on things also when they are ready to mate, so that another cat can find them it is in their nature. Get it fixed it should make a difference.
    paulaann811

Answer by paulaann811 at 10:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Ah, I had a cat that peed on everyone's bed. Except one kiddo, she peed on his books. I took her to the SPCA. I couldn't have a cat that peed on our beds. I don't think she had an infxn. She started it when hubby came back from Korea and we moved.
    Anonymous

• similar to a dog you have to discipline her when you see her do it but not the same way you would do a dog they also have special sprays you can spray on the bed to keep her from doing it (I dont know if they work) if you use a litter box try different kinds of litter. It could also be a urinary tract problem.
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 12:56 AM on May. 2, 2009