Any Ladies Miss Working?

I am about to sell my soul to get a job, my BA is worthless, and I cant even get a job as a bank teller, or in fast food because I have a four year degree. I miss making money!!! Just applied for a Labor Advocate job, which with my degree would be a dream job, but I fear I am about to get another rejection. Anyone else in the same boat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:46 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Money & Work

• i graduated from college in 2003 and got a BA in mass communications. I finished college when I moved down south to live with a BF. the town is very far from what I was used to. nothing even close to job opportunities with my experience of radio broadcasting. I ended up working as a CSR for directv, then worked in retail for 3 years, met my current BF and had a baby, now i'm a sahm. my degree was very much wasted, but I hope oneday to be in the right place, right time, and get a good job. but I really want to wait to get a job once my son is in school. but by then, it might be too late. they might look at my resume and see how long it's been since I've had a job, and nothing close to the radio industry. 6 years ago I would have been fresh out of college with experience in the field (I was a DJ on the college station and did some news casts on a local station which broadcasts very far!)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:54 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I totally feel you. I became a SAHM and would really just like a part time job that I will be well overqualified for. I have decided to just leave off my college degree. I'm just going to start putting my high school info only.
    Anonymous

• That is a great idea, it never occurred to me to leave college off an application! Thank You

I think the thing that sucks the most is that you are told this great lie about how college is going to further your career and your going to make so much money, and then you get out and realize, "What do you mean you cant get a job with Political Russian Literature Degree?" lmao I just hate that I am in debt for a degree that isn't going to get me anywhere. I would really think that a degree in radio broadcasting would be really practical. I really hope you find something!
    Anonymous

• I have been a sahm for 7 years and just recently got the best job EVER. I have a really good friend who has been selling Premier Designs Jewelry for years and had talked to me about it in the past, but I never was really interested. I thought that it wasn't for me. After she showed me her commission checks, I quickly reconsidered and decided to look into it.

Needless to say it was EXACTLY what I needed! I have been doing it for a few months now and have really enjoyed it and not to mention that last month I made over $2,000 working part-time. I work mainly from home and then try to schedule my jewelry parties one night per week. I don't have to get childcare because I work around my husband's schedule and really the jewelry just sells itself. Plus I get to get out of the house without kids! Imagine that!

If you would like further info just email me! I would love to share it w/you! christina_abunassar@yahoo.com
    cabunassar

Answer by cabunassar at 2:58 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I miss working so freaken much! If it was worth me paying daycare I would so go back to work. I don't want to be paying student loans for nothing either.

Check out my blog www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 3:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I worked at Wal-Mart for 4 1/2 years.I loved my everyday customers,but it just wasen't paying my bills and daycare was way to high.I now work from home and love it.Do I miss Wal-Mart? No! I am my own boss now.I take lunch whenever I want to. But if you want to go back to work and work for somone else for 40 years and make their dreams come true,then by all means go for it!
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 4:09 PM on May. 1, 2009