35 weeks. Did my water just break?

I was walking and all of a sudden some fluid leaks out into my underwear. I didnt feel the urge to pee, but when I went to the bathroom I did. Was that pee? Or did it break? the fluid was clear. I called the doctor, she told me to go to the hospitol. But I have no ride, its 25 miles away. I cannot call my mom if this is a false alarm. She just started a brand new job today, which we very much needed. What if she loses it, for leaving! they depend on her, and we need that income!

I dont know what to do. Do you think it broke?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call 911
    Anonymous

• Hold on. I'm looking for my crystal ball.......
    :/
    Anonymous

• No, I don't think it broke... Sometimes you can pee on yourself when you pregnant and not know it.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• hmm, I would really find a ride to the hospital if I were you. Its possible that it could have broke. after you "peed" did you still have more come out? When my water broke, it kept coming. Doctors like to get the baby out within 24 hours after it broke to decrease the chance of an infection, at least that was my doctor's rule.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 1:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Are you still leaking fluid. Thats typically how you can tell if your water breaks vs. wetting yourself.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 1:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Was the fluid warmer than urine? If its hot then that's your water breaking. If it's the same temp and obvious smell as urine then you can figure the baby may have kicked your bladder.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Go to a neighbor's house and get a ride to the hospital. Or call an ambulance to have them get you there.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 1:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If it was not alot and is not still coming out. I would say it was urine. When pregnant. urine can escape with out you knowing or having an urge to pee. If it still keeps happening then it could be your water.
    Nikky0803PAG

Answer by Nikky0803PAG at 2:03 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Ok that just happened to me last week at 34 weeks. If it keeps coming out throughout the day or for the next couple of hours then yes it was your water breaking. Mine kept leaking while i was in bed and then when i got up it was a big rush of fluid. Just see if it keeps coming and if it does call 911 or your mother.. They will probably try to stop your labor once you get to the hospital so be prepared for that...
    ladybug.ky88

Answer by ladybug.ky88 at 2:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Don't panic! Even if it is your water breaking, you don't need to send yourself into a tizzy. Take a deep breath...Okay. Now, most likely, it's just urine. Like several people said, it is very common towards the end of pregnancy to leak urine and not have much control over it. Do you do Kegel exercises? If not, you should start. Google "kegels" to get detailed info about them, but it's a pretty basic easy thing to do to help with bladder issues as well as strengthen that area for birth.

That being said, if you start having contractions that seem stronger than Braxton-Hicks, I would suggest you go ahead and go in to be checked out.

Hope all goes well!!

~Judy
    *I'm a Certified Childbirth Educator*
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 2:09 PM on May. 1, 2009