are no soliciting signs tacky? i live in a nice neighborhood - and wanted to know you're opinion. i did find one thats actually pretty.

Tiffany8168

Asked by Tiffany8168 at 1:59 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• idts:)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 1:59 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Solicitors are tacky. I have one I made and put on my front door. It pretty much covers everything from the fact they are not allowed on the property, they need something in writing from the apt management, I don't want the last cuts of meat left on a truck, I don't wish to be converted to a religion, no I do not care if you need to sell 50000 magazine subscriptions for your dream vacation, and to stop canvassing the area looking for military families..Of course it is not worded that way, but I have yet to have any solicitors come to the door.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i wrote one up myself after finally getting fed up with the people knocking on my door for money. i dont find them tacky at all, but they dont always work. the people still came lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We have those signs too for my sub and they keep coming. So I have a sign with a picture of a Smith & Wesson revolver that reads "We don't dial 911" and I don't have the solicitor problem anymore. It's kinda nice.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Sometimes people can't respect your privacy and need to be reminded of it.These days I see no need for door to door soliciting anyway!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I never answer the door when I'm not expecting someone, but it does suck. I should get a sign, because they ring the doorbell and the dogs go nutty. I don't think it's tacky . .. for all they know you work nights and you're sleeping. I think it's rude to just go randomly knocking on people's doors and bothering them for your own personal gain.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I had to put one up, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'm so tired of all the religious zealots coming to my door, thinking I need to be saved. as well as people out of the blue selling whole sides of beef out of their car, or the random kid saying he's raising money for his baseball team to go on a tournament, no uniform in sight much less a candybar to sell.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I just bought a simple one from Kmart for 99-cents. It is about 8 inches long and 3 inches high. It is silver with lettering that states, "No Soliciting." Works for me.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It's not tacky to have a sign; it's your house and home! THEY'RE the tacky ones!
    Love the one about "we don't dial 911"!
    PurpleAndTeal

Answer by PurpleAndTeal at 5:28 PM on May. 1, 2009