Should I switch daycares?

My daughter bite another child at daycare. On the incident sheet, they wrote that the worker in the room bit my child to teach her a lesson then separated her from the rest of the group. Should I find a new daycare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• nope, that is what my parents did to me and I didn't die....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Well I mean, as long as she didn't leave a mark it should be fine. I bite my kids when they bite me.
    Anonymous

• What the heck do you mean that they BIT your kid? I would find another place for her ASAP and have them SHUT DOWN. Then again, it is what you get by not staying home with her and letting someone else raise her. I can't believe the amount of bad parents out there. Some should not be allowed to procreate.

Anonymous

• first: take your daughter to the ER and have her tested for any disease that can be transmitted by saliva, inlcuding AIDS. send the bill to the daycare. that's so not cool!

second: bite the F**K out of that teacher. HARD. i'd make that bitch cry and wish she was never born.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Then again, it is what you get by not staying home with her and letting someone else raise her. I can't believe the amount of bad parents out there. Some should not be allowed to procreate.

Are you serious Anon? Get a life.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 2:13 PM on May. 1, 2009

• "Then again, it is what you get by not staying home with her and letting someone else raise her. "

better to let someone else raise her kids than have them growing up feeling less loved than a computer, watching mom spend all day picking fights on the internet. where are your kids now?
    Anonymous

• i would switch now! i bit my daughter when she bit me, my mom did the same thing to us, BUT that woman is not your childs family. and that should be considered abuse, i've never heard of a daycare that allows their workers to physically punish a child, unless its a home day care and the parents give consent. as in signed consent. my daughter was never punished like that in day care ever and if she had been i would have slapped the crap out of the person who did it to her.
    anon 2:09, are you kidding me? shes a bad parent b/c she takes her kids to day care? get over yourself, some people have to work and aren't lucky enough to get an option to stay home with their kids
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'd talk to the person in charge at the daycare. I'd want to know if this is something they normally do or if it is just something one uninformed caregiver decided to do. I personally don't think it's appropriate, but I've heard lots of people say they did the same thing with their own kids; it is possible that the caregiver did not realize this would be unacceptable to anyone. If it is a normal practice at the center I would report them to the state licensing agency and look for a new center, but if the owner/manager seems surprised and assures you that it is not normal and will not happen again I might give them a second chance.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My daycare has a strict policy on absolutely no corporal or physical punishment. I would switch daycare and report the incident to authorities as quickly as possible.
    Anonymous

• Yes take her out, and get a copy of that paper and file a report. Biting a child is COMPLETELY unacceptable, ever!!! If a child hits another child over the head with a block will she hit them over a the head with a block to "teach" them?

That is not how you teach a child not to bite. It is normal for toddlers to bite, and you teach them not to without the grownup biting them back.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2009