• In the Spotlight:

freezing cooked ground chicken?

has anyone ever tried this? i have a pound of it taking up space in my freezer and have a few recipe ideas for my daughter, but i want to cook it all at once and then freeze serving-size portions without spices, etc added since i won't use it all up at once. do you think it will still taste ok?

MaMaLaLa369

Asked by MaMaLaLa369 at 2:09 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I do it all the time with a food saver. You could probably get the cheaper vacuum sealer in the garbage bag aisle. I also do that with leftover pot roast or leftover chicken breasts. Just cube them, vacuum seal them, and use them later. Singlehandedly one of the best inventions of the modern day..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i do it all the time and think about it, u can buy prepaked frozen shredded chicken so yeah it will be fine.
    just dot freeze, thaw and re freeze.
    dita

Answer by dita at 12:33 AM on May. 2, 2009

• thank you ladies! i do have a foodsaver actually- and it definitely is the best thing ever to have!
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:46 AM on May. 2, 2009