Me and my ex and his new g/f are friends...Is this weird?

okay, so me and my ex split up in augest after being married for 2 years together for 4.hes been with several diff women since then and up until recently i wasnt really ok with that.He recently hooked up with this girl-and shes really awesome.Shes really great with my son, and very respectful of me and does everything she can to not step on my toes or play mommy in any way.My ex has been with her for about a month, and they are talking about moving in together and joining the army together.She wants him to sign his GI bill to my son, and she wants to sign hers over to my unborn son.She is pushing my ex to be a better father and is fine with me and him being friends and is EAGER to be my friend too.Is it normal that Im okay with all this?Alot of my friends think im crazy because im happy for him and excited for him...So am i crazy?

trystons_mommy

Asked by trystons_mommy at 2:13 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• You're acting like a mature adult, not to sound rude about your friends as I don't know them personally, but if they're not okay with it or think you're crazy then they sound like they're a little childish and immature (again I don't know them, but just sounds that way).

You both are consenting adults that ended your relationship, rather than wish misery onto each other, you both sound mature enough to wish the best for each other and know that the two of you weren't meant to be, I think that is very good of both of you. I have met and befriended ex-girlfriends of my husbands, we've gone out together, and they've watched my children. Life shouldn't be about holding a grudge but rather how much you want that person to meet the 'right' person that will change their life (in your ex's situation, enough to make them grow up a little too).
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:18 PM on May. 1, 2009

• no way i think its fine! if you were to hate her it would only make things harder for your son! if she is making his dad a better person then good for her! it shows that your not in high school drama crap! good for you!!

woobie102

Answer by woobie102 at 2:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think you are lucky!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It's not weird just awkward at least for me it would be, honestly I don't think that is a good idea unless you think you guys are the best of friends and if so you can be the only ones on this earth. I mean it can happen but there is always some kind of price to pay...It depends on the person. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I dont think you are crazy If I could have a relationship like that things would be better for me and my husband and his ex... I feel that if you and your ex can be friends and you can be friends with his girl things will not only be better for you but easier for your sons as well.
    mvsmomshorty

Answer by mvsmomshorty at 2:17 PM on May. 1, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!! That's great! It is so important for parents who have split to have a good relationship with each other and their significant others. My parents split when I was two. He had a girlfriend that was the exact same way for several years when I was younger. That was probably the best time I had with my father in my entire life... and I'm now thirty years old. After they split my dad went back to his old ways of not paying child support, missing visitations and not being there for us in general. It caused MAJOR problems between my parents. Things got so bad that we moved 700 miles away and my parents wouldn't even be in the same state with each other. Unfortunately, the only people it truly hurt was me and my sister. So, I want to congratulate the three of you! I really hope everything works out! And don't listen to your friends. You are definately doing the right thing for you kids!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 2:20 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Nope. I am friends with many of my ex's their wives, ex wives and girlfriends. I'm even friends with ex's of my husbands. :)
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• no wow you hit the jackpot. Hopefully your ex dosent mess it up!
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No way! You are very lucky, count your blessings! If more women were like her, there wouldn't be so many messed up step families!
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think it's great. We are friendly with my DH's ex and her new wife, and my ex-bf and his wife.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:01 PM on May. 1, 2009