Do any of you think that it is so completely terrible to......

I have 3 children 2 of them are under four years of age and the other one is seven. I am wondering some opinons. I get really stressed out with the little ones i am a sahm and i need break time. Usually once a week, friday or saturday i leave them with my sister inlaw and me and my husband go out. My 7 year old really gives me crap about leaving them and doing this. I love my children but after about a week i need time without them. What i am wondering is if any of you think that i should feel guilty about this. I always pick them up the following morning. And they don't go there until early evening.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I don't see anything wrong with it, I wish i could drop my three somewhere once a week.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:23 PM on May. 1, 2009

• no theres no problem with it at all. i would do that if i could but my family lives with us so theres no where to take my daughter. i think if it keeps you and your husband sane and able to take care of the kids the rest of the week w/o going nuts than its whats best for them. as for your 7 yr old, he/she is 7, they aren't the one who gets to make the call
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 2:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Heck, no! I have one 4 year old and he stays with my MIL every Friday night. My husband and I use this time to bond with each other and stay connected. I wish that every family would be able to do this. By taking care of your relationship with your hubby and getting alone time to yourself you are making your family a stronger family. As far as the 7 year old I would sit down and explain it to him/her that mommys and daddys need alone time together to be better parents. Also, I would then try to have a fun night with just your 7 year old, even if it is only for a few hours.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I dont see a problem with it. If it were me I would only do it once or twice a month though.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Tough noogies to the seven year old. I would try to make sure that each parent gets time alone with each kid for at least an hour a month.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You should not feel guilty. My two boys stay with my brother almost every Friday night. He is recently divorced and sort of lonely, so it gives him some company and gives me and the hubby our alone time.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 3:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it unless you're blowing your kids off to get drunk or high (I'm not saying that's what you're doing.)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:08 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You shouldn't feel guilty at all. I love my son to death, but I'll be the first to admit that I need a break every now and then. I don't know a single mom that doesn't need a break. You're leaving your kids with someone that you know is going to take care of them and you're just going out for a night with your husband, who also needs your attention. You're not going out and partying and doing all sorts of crazy things. Well, maybe you are, but you know what I mean.
    CherokeeSparrow

Answer by CherokeeSparrow at 4:58 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Do not feel guilty. You need adult time. You and your hubby need couple time. Your son has simply learned that he gets a reaction out of you with this. Try to remember how much benefit HE gets from you and your hubby being in a better relationship. Date nights benefit the whole family.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• dont feel guilty at all its good for them to get away just as much as it is you! shoot if i had someone to watch mine i would surely do the same! have fun and enjoy..lol!!
    sarastorer

Answer by sarastorer at 6:25 PM on May. 1, 2009