Caught my 15 yr son with a hand full of..

My 15 yr son has a girlfriend. When she is here I always make sure the bedroom door is open, it seemed pretty mild up to now. I have seen them kiss but nothing crazy. Yesterday I walked past his room while she was here and they were sucking face and he had a hand full of boobie. What do I do... think... Do I not let them spend time together.... I feel so old because I was 15 once....

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't think you can NOT let them hang out because the reality of it is they will find any way behind your back..and then things will be going on behind your back and you really won't know what's going on!I remember being 15!he just had a handful of a boob come on what's so bad about that?Have a talk with him.Let him know what consequences and everything of having sex.and if he says he's ready just prepare him for it..
    I know if it was me i'd rather know then not know
    Anonymous

• i think they were just being teens,but you can talk to him about being safe if he does go that far.i was a teen once also and i can say from expierience that if you pull them apart it will drive them closer faster.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 2:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• THey will do what they want reguardless of anything you try to do, especially if you try to keep them apart, I would find out if the gf is on bc, you don't want your son to be a daddy just yet, Good Luck
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• That depends. How soon do you want to be Nana? Cuz it sounds like that is where this is headed. If it were me and I saw that and my son knew my rules I would have gotten loud...I mean LOUD...I'm talking Can I get an AMEN kinda LOUD! Then I would have sent her home.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:34 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I would require him to stay in the living room with her or another frequently used room. You can't tell him not to see her, because like the pp said, they will do it behind your back. I do disagree with the pp in that it's just boobie, because one thing leads to another and before you know it............So I'd tell him that he has to stay in a common area in the house, that way you can keep an eye on him and he's less likely to do that again with anyone walking by.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:35 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Just have a talk with both of them just as long as they keep it clean they can hang out in the house. Because it is true the more you nag on them they will find other ways to do something behind your back. Just let them know your feelings and go with it. I don't like the sounds of it either but my kids are still in elementary....something to look forward to....:(
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Make them hang out in the Living room for now on. Also buy him a box of condoms. My husband bought our oldest daughter a box last year when he saw here kissing a boy for the first time, he tossed them to her with a note that said "I'm not stupid I was a teenager i know you will do things i don't want to know about and you don't want me to know about. Don't be stupid about it make the losser where one or your pregant ass will have to deal with me"

Teenagers are going to have sex wheather we approve or not, make sure he's got the tools and knowledge to be safe about it.

www.RamblingsOFaSAHM.com

Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I did get loud "NOCK IT OFF" then walked away. I know they will find a way to do it if they want to. I guess that is what scares me. I am a bit freaked out about it. I have spoken to both of them. Things like "do you want to be parents at 15" and spoken to my son about STDs and no Glove No Love. But he is my baby and I don't know exactly how to feel.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 2:50 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Have you had the banana and condom talk with him yet? This talk includes explaining to your son how you feel about premarital sex. Let him know that if he and his girlfriend take this farther, then they must be comfortable enough with each other to discuss contraception and what they will do if it fails.
    I am the mom of a teen girl; I hope that you called the girl's parents, I would want to know.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Hmmm... sounds normal to me.... but.. make sure you do keep the door open... and the door to communication open too!!!
    Best advise above......... TALK !!! Sex isn't taboo... it's a part of life... so... might as well be up front... he may be embarrassed...but... oh well.

I am so blunt with my boys about that kind of stuff...my older son came up to me in the grocery store (he works there) and asked me to pick him up some condoms... so.. I just asked him.... what kind do you like??? Glow in the dark? ribbed??? large, med... ??? then we went to compare prices & were on our way!!!

I may be a little crazy... but... I guess I'm a realist....
    MOM628

Answer by MOM628 at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009