Anyone elses husband a Free Mason?

My Dh is and I find it funny when he comes home from a lodge meeting and I ask him what happened and he gets all cryptic and says things like, "I can't tell you anything, but this. Dinner was worth its 5 dollars." or "If I tell you, I'll have to kill you."

Silly man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I have had friends whose husband were though and it seems creepy so I wouldnt allow it. Why be involved in something you cant tell your partner unless its high classified military secrets.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:31 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Partially, his name is Mason, but he's in prison.
    Anonymous

• Nah. I'm too curious; I wouldn't let DH be in a 'secret society' unless I could be, too.
    Anonymous

• My husband has thought about it but he just hasn't gotten around to doing it yet.
    Anonymous

• I think it's just for fun. My husband has trouble initiating conversation sometimes, but if he notices some one wearing a ring or has a sticker on he can do one of his secret sayings or whatever it is he does to tell the other guy that he's a Mason.

A lot of military are Masons. I didn't know this until I went to a family picnic with him and knew several of the guys from my husbands unit.

Anonymous

• I want to join The Order of the Eastern Star which is the female version of it. I'm shy about calling though.
    Anonymous

• my husband is :)
    Anonymous

• my husband is also and he will not tell me a stinkin thing about it!!!! lol i understand though...that's what it's all about!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I wish I didn't respect my Dh so much. I'd go snooping. =[.
    Anonymous

• No, my husband is a member of the Fraternal Order of Police (FOP), which doesn't interest me what goes on with their meetings anyway.
    He is a highly classified government officer and cannot tell me many things about his day or job. But he's been deployed on so many missions in the past 10 years that I'm just used to it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:48 PM on May. 1, 2009