How do u cope with the loss of your child? Help i just lost my little boy in March.

EthansMommy09

Asked by EthansMommy09 at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am so sorry your little one is gone. The best way I can tell you to cope is do what you're doing. Keep talking about it. That is the best way to help you heal. God be with you.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am just crying for you! I am so sorry about your son. I agree with lilbit. I am here to listen and support you anyway I can . Again I am so sorry for your loss.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm going to send you message.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I can't imagine what you must be going through. My child is my life. She is 11 and I just can't imagine what life is going to be like even when she gets out on her own. I would say talk about it, don't isolate yourself. Maybe there is some type of support group in your area that you could get involved with ... those people would know exactly what you're feeling because they are going through it themselves. And if you belong to a church or even if you don't, I would see if there was someone there you could talk to. Don't rush yourself to get through this. I just said a prayer for you.
    madsmom11597

Answer by madsmom11597 at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• what you need now more than ever are people that care about you to listen to you when you need to vent, to lend you a shoulder to cry on when needed, to be there for you....we are here for exactaly that and i hope you will take that to heart. there are plenty of mothers on here that are more than happy to listen to anything you need to say about anything! i am very sorry to hear about your loss and if you ever need to talk about anything please do not hesitate to send me a message.
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I also am sooo sorry! I suggest all of the above answers. I don't know where you stand on anti-depresants, but I would suggest talking to your doctor about them. They are not going to make you happier by any means, but they will help to elevate your seritonin level, which I'm sure under this kind of stress is low... if not non-existant. You should also look into some one on one counceling. Support groups are wonderful, but you need a professional also to help you sort out all of the feelings you are having. PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can do to help! You will be in my thoughts!
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 3:01 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Also, try to remember that time does heal.
    HaydensMommy708

Answer by HaydensMommy708 at 3:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Look for a support group near you. Other moms that have been in the same, or a similar situation will know best how to help you heal. Thet can also tell you the different stages your grief might go through. Im so sorry for you..
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 3:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i lost my brother 7 years ago meaning my mom lost her son. she said that no matter how bad it seems it can get easier never will it get better but you will slowly learn how you cope and how it works for you and when you find it do it! Talk if you want, cry if you want, yell, scream anything to make you feel better and just know that we are all here to listen.
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 3:35 PM on May. 1, 2009