when should i start shopping for my baby

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Now! lol. When I was pregnant I couldn't wait to start getting things for my little one! Don't go crazy though. Nothings wrong with buying a few outfits or bottles or toys. I would wait until after your baby shower (if you're having one) to purchase the big ticket items.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 2:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I quit work and started shopping when I was 8 months along. I knew I had one month, so, I started getting ready then.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:47 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Whenever you want to :) I don't think there is a timeline. If you don't know the sex yet just get gender nuetral stuff. Also, with large items like cribs and strollers make sure you have time put it together. Some of them can be really annoying ;)
    Tawanda74

Answer by Tawanda74 at 2:47 PM on May. 1, 2009

• now! lol as soon as i knew i started buying things just buy yellow light green and baby blure those colors are good for both boyds or girls
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 2:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think 1st trimester is a good time to pick up a baby name book and one or two baby things that just catch your eye. It's also a good time to start making a list of what you will need. 2nd trimester is a good time to do the bulk of your shopping. 3rd trimester is time to finish up your list, get everything put together, and get your house/nursery in order.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am already buying the diapers and tshirts. Keep all receipts incase you need to return it. Buy lotions and all. Garage sales and flee markets.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 3:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• omg im barely 4 months dying to find out the sex of the baby lol i will find out on may 12 my first baby and im dying to go out shopping and buy clother for my bundle of joy
    pedrochick09

Answer by pedrochick09 at 3:16 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I read that the earlier you start buying stuff, the more money you end up spending. We aren't hurting for money, but I want our credit cards completely paid off by the time baby comes so I've been really good about not buying a lot. I've actually only bought the bedding and that was because it was on sale for over 50% off. My in-laws gave us the money to buy the furniture, so we have a crib and changing table/dresser. That's it. I'm waiting until after the shower to buy anything else. I'm not going to go crazy buying a bunch of clothes either because we are expecting a girl and at least my side is extremely excited about that and I know we'll get tons of clothes at the shower. My husband's side is excited, too, but I don't think they wanted one sex over the other especially since my SIL is due with a girl, too. So depending on how much you want to spend, don't go nuts. Diapers are good to start buying early, though.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2009