I'm not worrying myself about the swine flu or anything but isn't this a little inconsiderate?

I work at a home health agency and the caretakers are bringing in their timesheets today. One of them came in knowing she has the flu! It isn't the swine flu but really, if your sick why not stay home rather then expose everyone to your germs?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That was idiotic of her. She came into a health agency sick, yeah she was rude. She could have had someone else drop off her timesheet that wasn't sick. I hope she wasn't taking care of people being sick.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:22 PM on May. 1, 2009

• She wants to get paid.
    Anonymous

• Do you know the chances of catching the swine flu? Out of the millions of people in the world...MILLIONS-under 200 people have caught it
    Anonymous

• Are you sure it's the flu and not just a common cold or the sniffles? I mean to have the flu you are having one or more of the following..

* Fever (usually high) * Headache * Muscle aches * Chills * Extreme tiredness * Dry cough * Runny nose may also occur but is more common in children than adults * Stomach symptoms, such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea, may also occur but are more common in children than adults

Think maybe you are over reacting.

Anonymous

• I agree. I'd be upset if I ended up getting sick because she came in to work sick. And then everyone in my house would get sick..blah blah. But alas, there is nothing you can do about it. Maybe, like the first poster said, she needs the money and can't afford time off?
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 3:12 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Haha.
    She came into a health agency sick.
    Yeah, thats rude. She could make you all sick and how ironic is that. You go into a health agency and see a bunch of unhealthy employees!!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If you only knew. Most nurses I know go to work sick. Why? Because they HAVE to or they lose their job.
    Anonymous

• "Think maybe you are over reacting."

I didn't SAY i was worried about catching swine flu, I said isn't it inconsiderate to go to work when you are sick in general? Personally, I think people are overreacting about the swine flu if it isn't anywhere around them, but this woman is definitely sick, I didn't say it was the SWINE flu. Her supervisors told her she could have had someone else drop it off for her so its not like she wouldn't have got paid, but she came in anyway.
    Anonymous

• I do agree that when you are sick you should stay home, however I also acknowledge that some people don't see that as an option- they need the money, they may lose their job if they don't show,

I think there are basic rules, like if you have a fever don't go in or if you are contageous- plus you need to be very careful to cover up all coughs and sneezing...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:19 PM on May. 1, 2009