Would you buy the condums?

My 15 yr old seems to be getting serious about his girlfriend. We have talked about sex, as we have a very open relations ship. So Would you or would you not buy them? I know they are going to do it if t hey want to so I think I would.

dillonsma

Asked by dillonsma at 2:52 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes,if it's inevitable you might as well make sure he's protected I guess.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yeah but I dont know if he will use em, my brother got some from my mom and he said he cant use them because its the thought of his mommy buying them
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I owuld. He is (eventually) going to have sex anyways. You'd rather he be protected against STD's and pregnancy. Some teens are embarrassed to buy them and then just do it without. My siblings and I had an open relationship with our parents and it made it a lot easier to be honest with them about those things. I applaud you for being so open and honest with him. It made a big difference in my family and I'm sure your son will feel the same way :)
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 2:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree...I would sit him down and say..I do not condone, but i also don't want you to become a parent or get a disease. So, before you do anything, tell me and i will buy condoms.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Give him the banana and condom lecture. Tell him that if he and his girlfriend are mature enough for sex, they are mature enough to discuss and purchase contraception, decide beforehand what to do when it fails, and do it with the lights on. Make very clear that you will not be supporting a teenager's baby.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Not to sound stupid but bannana and condum. You mean actually show them how to put it on?
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Hell yes I would. I like the banana and condom lecture. To dillonsma: yes, I would teach him how to use them. I would rather my son be protected then come home and tell me his girlfriend is pregnant.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Id Buy Them...
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 3:21 PM on May. 1, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/shortcuts/shortcut_action.php?shortcut_id=4647872
    Try this answer on for size.
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i would
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 4:00 PM on May. 1, 2009