need help with camera/memory card

telling me that my card is locked. i cant find my instuctions for my camera so thats why i am asking here, it wont let me take pics and it wont let me delet them i have been messing around with and i cant figure it out. if i dont have my memery card in my camera it will let me take pics but since i dont have anything in there i cant save them are put them on my computor, but my card isnt working. is there anything i can do? i have a Kodack HP memery card 1GB and my camera is a samsung s860. dont know if thats important, i dont know much about things like that.

michelle.coppes

Asked by michelle.coppes at 3:18 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Have you tried to change the batteries? Shut down the camera, take the batteries out and put them back in. Make sure your card is put in the correct way and is pushed all the way down. Then try it again. If not, I would google this question to see if anyone else has had this issue.
    Anonymous

• Also, look around the outside of your card. I know that my SD cards have a little notch with a plastic piece that you can move to manually "lock" your card - like the old 3.5 inch floppy disks. Other than that, I'm not sure!
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Yep, the little switch on the outside of your card. It's a safety measure meant to protect information from being overwritten or erased accidentally. Just slide it over and it should unlock it. I did this once, totally freaked me out, but it's a simple fix.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 10:35 PM on May. 1, 2009