Getting Induced!

I'm getting induced on May 5th. And I'm just wondering if there is anyone else that has been induced before & went into labor on their own also. Like I know if will be different because it's not happening on it's own like the contractions speed up & they break your water & all that but I was wondering if it still felt the same? Or are contractions worse since they are sped up or what?

Thanks!

Oh yeah & I need help on how an epidural feels!

Rebecca_4786

Asked by Rebecca_4786 at 3:20 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• getting the epidural for me (not lying) wasn't as bad as I thought. if you stay still like they say it is over in like 2 minutes. just get your hubby to stand in front of you and hold onto him. but getting the epidural will make everything much easier trust me. i was in so much pain with my first baby that i didn't get to enjoy anything until i got my epidural. i was much happier getting it. and i was induced the first time and it didn't feel any different when i had my second one. it is all bad. for me anyway
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i induced myself. I was 40 weeks and the dr. was going to schedule an induction if I wasnt in labor in the next few days. so I thought "what the heck". I massaged above my ankles throughout the day, which according to reflexology, stimulates the uterus area. SO and I also had sex that night. around midnight I was in labor. contractions were 70 seconds long and every 2-3 minutes. by 3 am I said THATS IT. we went to the hospital. the dr. came at 10am and broke my water and since I was only 1 cm dilated he gave me petocin. i had an emergency c sestion because my sons heart rate dropped after each contraction after the epidural
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• felt the same xo i was induced on nov 16th with a pill (forget name ) and all day 1cm so they sent me home and was to be back at 7 am for something else needless to say at 3 am i went into labor hurt just like when i was having my dd they broke my water and no time for anisisioa (sp) 15 mins later at the hospital my son was born nov 17th.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm already dilated 4 cm I have been for 3 weeks now. Will that make a difference? Like make it go any faster?
    Rebecca_4786

Answer by Rebecca_4786 at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• They broke my water, gave me pitocin and nothing. My son was turned and wedged into my hips. So on to the c-section we went. My epidural was wondermous!! It felt like bubbles going up my back. It was so nice.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Well I have only had one child and I was induced with her. But they say it's worse when you get induced, but to be honest it was bad but not as bad as I thought it was going to be. As far as the epidural goes I can't really help there. I didn't get it, when I was begging for it, it was too late already. But those where my plans to hold off as long as I could. But I did get the drugs that go into your IV now that help me out a lot because it knocks you right out which was great.

Good Luck!!

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• It might speed up labor since you are 4cm I was 3cm when I went in and my labor was 11 hours. Just depends on how fast you dilate.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:31 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I was 4-5 cm on my due date and having light contractions for a week, so I got induced. It did make a difference, being 4cm dilated. The first three are usually the longest to get over, the nurse said. So if you're already past 3cm, once you do start active labor, my nurses told me I had a limited chance to get an epidural if I wanted one, b/c it takes a little bit for the dr. to get there, do it, and have it kick in. So good luck with that--I had an 8 hr labor for my first, which is pretty good. And the epidural did not hurt like I thought it would, but it's strange and you have to lay a certain way b/c it may work only on one side or stronger on one side. It just feels strange. The thing that surprised me was it hurt at the site of the catheter in my back for weeks afterward! I didn't know that could happen.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 3:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I was enduced, and I hated it!! They broke my water, and nothing..... they added contractions, and it only made it worst. Then I found out that when they provoque the contractions you tend to contract due to the pain and you'll get longer to dialite. Good luck, I wonder how this second pregnancy of mine will go, I hope that not as bad!! LOL
    Anonymous

• I was induced and HATED it. The pitocin was a nightmare. The epidural only worked on my right side and wore off before I started pushing. I'm glad it wore off though because my baby got stuck and I had to squat to make room for her. Her heart beat kept going weird too. I found out later it was because of the pitocin. I will never be induced again. I'm probably of no help to you, but I was 4cm also and still had 16 hours of labor. Next time I'm just going to do let my body do it's own thing. I would rather be pregnant forever than go through that again. Oh, plus when you are induced you have to stay hooked up to the monitors. If I was able to walk around I wouldn't have even needed the epidural and she probably wouldn't have gotten stuck. That REALLY hurt! Yeah, sorry, but never again.
    Anonymous