A question about cm and pregnancy? PIOG

Ok just wondering if you HAVE to have cm to signify pregnancy. I usually get alot of cm right before my period which usually gets me excited but then AF shows.

Well tomorrow AF is due and I have no cm at all. I was wondering if lack of cm could also be a sign? I have been rediculously nauseous and had a runny nose since ovulation. Also a slight fever(at least felt like one) around 7-8 dpo.

I guess I am just looking for some hope. I don't really feel AF approaching.

cm-cervical mucus
AF-aunt flo
dpo-days past ovulation

nikincarlos

Asked by nikincarlos at 3:24 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What I read was the near absence of cervical mucous is common in early signs for pregnancy but is not to be used as a deciding factor in determining if you are pregnant. If you check your cervix, another sign of early pregnancy (again not an absolute) is if it's high and soft.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• i had cm so im no help but i didnt feel like af was gonna come, i knew i was prego. i just feel like i normally did before my period.
    Anonymous

• Sounds like it could be pregnancy. You can take a test to find out, although since you're so early on, I'd do it first thing in the morning, and if it's negative wait a week and do it again. Good luck!
    MrsRich

Answer by MrsRich at 3:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Thanks ladies you were all very helpful and still give me some hope. I am actually due tomorrow so you wouldn't think it's too early right? But maybe since I have a very short cycle it would be too early. Oh and I have never checked my cervix before. Don't really know how
    nikincarlos

Answer by nikincarlos at 3:32 PM on May. 1, 2009