Beliefs as fact Part II

If you state your beliefs as fact because as far as you're concerned, they are fact, meaning you are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, does that mean if you are a Baptist, all Lutherans are going to hell? If you are non-denominational charismatic everyone who attends Catholic mass is going to hell?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:26 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Spt.. autistic.. it's only froze over in Winter and we can get it heated up by having a weenie roast!! who's bringing the marshmellows?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 6:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't like people that have an "all or nothing" mentality : /
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:28 PM on May. 1, 2009

• That's an interesting question, NotPanicking.

I can't wait to see the responses.

I was told by a Pentecostal that all that if you're not Pentecostal you are not saved because you don't speak in tongues or haven't been slayed in the spirit.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I believe that it means whatever the person believes determines what they themselves think their path will be after death. Then again, there are those that are nosy enough to judge and look down on others, so I'm sure they have a different viewpoint and will argue that anybody outside their personal belief is doomed to whatever they believe will happen that's not good after death.

My personal belief is "I don't care", lol. I'm agnostic which means I don't care if there's one, many, none or alien gods out there. I believe in living life to my fullest, doing what I personally think is right, and raising my children to be smart, respectful people. I don't believe in pushing my views or beliefs onto others and have no problem telling others to not do so to me. I could care less other peoples theories of what will happen to me after I'm dead, because 'I don't care'.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 3:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Interesting question.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'm just curious to see if anyone who answered jennijune's original question in that manner will now speak up and clarify it here or if they'll just "not see" this question.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You are just supposed to be a Christian and accept Jesus to go to Heaven. Everyone else goes to Hell regardless if you are a good person or not. I think it's all a load of junk in any case. The concept of God is so far beyond religion and man that we just can't comprehend it. As a result, we put these stupid rules around it to justify ourselves.
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 4:18 PM on May. 1, 2009

• No.

Jesus says that the way to heaven is to believe in him. Baptists, Catholics and Lutherans (along with the other Christian denominations) believe that Jesus is Lord and savior.

It doesn't matter that they disagree on emersion vs. sprinkling or transubstiation or the Asummption of Mary or her Perpetual Virginity. It doesn't matter if one group's priests marry or the other group's doesn't (which are just some of the few issues that divide). They ALL agree on the method of salvation and therefore, those that truly believe it will go to heaven regardless of their denomination.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:00 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Oh, I know I'm right but you still don't get to go to Hell!!! Nope, I don't care how much you beg!! your not going!!! you'll just you to your grave and STAY THERE!!! YOUR GROUNDED FOREVER!!!
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Jeez lisarose, can't you just take my Wii away instead? That's harsh!
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:43 PM on May. 1, 2009