When is the best time to have another baby?

My son is now 6 months old.... and my husband and i would like to have more... when is the easiest to and earlist to have another....i want my son to relize what is goin on and to enjoy his new baby also....

dakotakirk

Asked by dakotakirk at 3:28 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• this is just my experience. i got pregnant with my daughter on my 3rd anniversary. my son had just turned 2. my kids are 21 months apart and i think they are too close in age. they do not get along at all. my son is constantly fighting with her and pushing her. my friend had her second child when her son was 41/2 and they get along great.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 3:30 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I just had a baby, and our plan is to wait until she's about 5.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 5:15 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My sister and I are just under 3 years apart, DH and his brother are just over 4 years apart - we each think our gap was ideal, so we compromised on when to have our next baby :)

DS just turned 2 in January, which is when we started ttc #2, so they'll be 3-4 years apart, assuming we get pregnant in the next year! That way, they're still close enough to be friends, but not so close that they have the same group of friends and the second is always "so-and-so's younger sibling" in school.

DS was a great baby and is now a great toddler, but he went through a really clingy phase around 12-18 months, so I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with that AND a new baby at the same time!

But on that note, there are plenty of people who have kids less than 12 months apart and love it. Different things work for different families!

Good luck to you :)
    PrincessZ20

Answer by PrincessZ20 at 10:18 AM on May. 2, 2009