WTH is wrong with people today???

I hate it when parents say "they will find a way to do it anyway, bacause they want to." Are parents seriously so lazy that they cant keep their teens from having sex, doing drugs, and underage drinking? Seriously, teens today are so rude. They cuss and yell and call their parents bitches and whores, and tell them they hate them. Why on earth do parents let their kids do whatever the hell they want??? If my son or daughter ever treated me that way, theyed have my boot shoved so far up their ass, id be wearing em as a slipper.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If my two girls ever ever talk to me like that I will beat their butts and they will be grounded for how ever long i see fit. There will be no t.v phone or internet and nothing after school. I will not put up with disrespect no natter what age even if they are 19 years old.
    LuckyCharmed200

Answer by LuckyCharmed200 at 3:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Amen! Thank you Jesus! I am applauding in Texas if you can't hear me.
    I am strict with my son. He has some leniency but nothing to where he would ever think he's going to having sex as a young teenager, talking smack to me, smoking dope, drinking and smoking. I would tear his ass up and he knows it.

I agree with teen attitudes completely. But alot of that has to do with their environment. If the parents allow it and don't correct it then that behavior is inadvertently condoned. DH's son (age 14) smarted off to me one time. I jumped his ass immediately for talking smack to me and he hasn't done it since then.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:34 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Kids are definately too rude these days. When my kids have tried to mouth off, theyve gotten a pop in the mouth. The thing about good parenting is that it takes consistancy. Its way easier to let kids do what they want than to stay on top of their behavior.
    5isenoughforme

Answer by 5isenoughforme at 3:36 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I am a teen and let me tell you that there has never been a quote more true.
    I have gone to schools in very rich stuck up areas, very poor areas, and known home schooled people. Everyone is into SOMETHING thier parents would not approve of.

As a parent you are only human. The parents who think they have perfect children really have children on drugs or having sex because it is the reality or our world today. You cant lock in or control any person who truely has conviction and teens have youth and adreniline on thier side! Your kids will do what they want, it is your job to try to influence what they want out of life. It is only a matter of WHAT they want and wether or not they will have to go behind your back to get it.

Inform and support them, but you are in denial if you think they will do no wrong.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 3:37 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with you completely. I think the problem today is people don't stay on their kids from day one. There's three year olds today that run their house, and their parents let them. Then they get to be teenagers, and they MAY try to put their foot down, but it's too late, the damage has been done. All I can do is try to keep MY kids from being friends with theirs.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 3:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with you kids shouldnt disprespect their parents and if my baby does which i hope she desnt i will kick her ass , and about wat is wrong with parents and the sex thing or drugs you cant always blame the parent. my mom was VERY strict with us and i never said a swear at her or anything but i did have sex whe i wanted obviously she didnt knwo but my point is that phrase is true "they will find a way to do it anyways" you shouldnt hate thatphrase because it is very very true!!! B4 i was married i couldnt go out alone with my husvband boyfriend and we just found anychance we could and did a quickie and my parents always tought me the right thing and the worng things but I ME just dint learn it or i did learn it but I DIDNT LISTEN which is what kids do so you cant always blame the parent!! I never did try drugs or alchol and i never disrespect myu elders unless they disrespect me.
    Anonymous

• I am with you, sister!

Answer by rkoloms at 3:40 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My boy is not rude to me nor does he call me names. As for the stopping them from doing drugs, having sex and and other things, I do not think that we can stop them unless we put them in a cage until they are adults. They will always find a way. My one friends daughter got caught at school having sex "go figure" If he were rude to me and treated me badly he would have nothing but a mattress in his room and one set of clothes. I am not lazy and I spend tons of time with my teen but I still believe where there is a will there is a way.
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 3:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• OP here....I didnt drink till I was 21, Didnt have sex till i was 19, never did drugs, and respected my parents. I like these answers so far, and my parents were always there for me. I know my kids wont be perfect, but I do expect themto respect me, their father, and themselves. It just bothers me that so many parents these days are soooooo lazy.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you! I have three teenaged daughters and they know better than talking back. They are respectful and obedient. (Thank the Good Lord!) They don't even date. We have had serious relationship (friendship, parental, romantic, etc.) talks since they were small. They get along with others, but they don't put up with bad behavior, even in their friends! I have seen my oldest child tell her friends to go home because they were using rude language in our home! Raising good kids CAN BE DONE! (And no, my kids are not perfect. I have leaned heavily on God to help me raise them.)
    singnstitch

Answer by singnstitch at 3:43 PM on May. 1, 2009