I need a brunch casserole recipe with no meat in it.

Having family for Mother's Day brunch & 1 person keeps kosher so I can't mix milk and meat. I would love a recipe that uses shredded hash brown potatoes also.

bocamom62

Asked by bocamom62 at 3:40 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Food & Drink

• This recipe is always a big hit with family and friends! It usually serves 6.

Zippy Eggs

10 eggs, scrambled
    1 tsp. baking powder
    8 ounces of caned chili peppers, drained
    1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cub butter, melted
    2 cups cottege cheese
    1 lb grated cheddar cheese, divided in half.

Mix together all ingredients but cheese, then stir in half the cheese. Pour into a buttered 9 by 13 baking dish and sprinkle the other half of the cheese on top. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then turn down to 350 for 35 more minutes. Delish!
    CLRief

Answer by CLRief at 3:46 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You can use a faux sausage in your regular recipe, like gimme lean (it is kosher). You can make a French toast casserole (I have one with eggs and one without). Quiche.
    Are you sure that the person who keeps kosher will eat foods prepared and served on non-kosher dishes?
    If you would like me to send you rceipes for any of the dishes that suggested, please send me a message and I will forward them to you.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• maybe u could ask the kosher person if there is a fav recipe of theres that hey would like u to try and they can maybe give u some ideas?
    That is one option i would look at.
    dita

Answer by dita at 12:30 AM on May. 2, 2009

• Cheddar-Swiss Strata
    Prep: 15 min, Marinate: 8:00, Cook: 40 min, plus refrigeration time.
    3/4 cup French or Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
    1 can condensed cheddar cheese soup
    1 cup milk
    4 eggs, beaten
    1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    Arrange bread cubes in buttered 2-quart shallow baking dish. Combine soup, milk and eggs in a bowl. Stir in cheese and pour mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350°F. Uncover and Bake 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.

This recipe serves 8 people. Due to the nature of this recipe, it adjusts the number of servings in multiples of 8 only.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:26 AM on May. 2, 2009