potty training

I have a daughter that will be 2 this month. I am a single mom but she goes with her dad regularly. My concern is with how he is going about potty training her. He says that she goes potty in the toilet never wears a diaper and doesnt have accidents. So at home I will ask her if she wants to use the potty she says NO! The other day i went to pick her up and she was on the potty so i had to wait for 30 min. to leave with her. I am really concerned about his technique in potty training. And now I have been noticing that when she wets her diaper it is filled to the max like i didnt change her for 3 days. And also her poop has been really hard lately. When she does go in her diaper and ill ask her did you poo she says no and gets really sad and puts her head down and stuff. He has 2 other children this is my first so he thinks he knows more then me. Am i right in thinking that there is something wrong with all of this.

krayel

Asked by krayel at 3:40 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he is making her ashamed and pushing her to do something she is not ready for. He must be making her sit on the potty until she goes??
    If anything, and if I were you, I would try to make her feel great about using the potty and give her encouragement. It seems more like he is just making her feel bad when she doesn't do "well".
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 4:43 PM on May. 1, 2009