First ultra sound that I can see the baby...Help!?

So I live in washington and my mom lives in california and can't be here durning my pregnancy or birth but she is coming up in june I scheduled an ultra sound while she is hear so she will feel apart of my pregnancy and her first grandchild. Now my boy friend is pist off because it's the first time we will actually see the baby and he thinks it should just be him and that we can show the pictures to my mom. Well i thought it was a happy time in life being pregnant and getting to see your child and I want to share that with my mom. What should I do or say to him because it has caused a huge fight???

jordanc5234

Asked by jordanc5234 at 3:51 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Why not just have you and your bf in the room to start and then have your mom come in the room a little later? That way you two get to see the baby for the first time together, just the two of you and then when he is ready you can let your mom come in.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:53 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree with JamieLK.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 3:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• What concerns I have is that your boyfriend is calling the shots. Your Mom and boyfriend can go together and if he has a problem with that, what will happen when the child is born. Sad that this is happening. The first one who answers sounds good, but what will ahppen when the baby is born? Will you have to have seperate everything to please your boyfriend? You two need to sit down and discuss this..in your case, have a three way call to eveyone. If he is that pissed off, I see a big red ( warning) flag! What will next?
    kimchimom

Answer by kimchimom at 4:01 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I agree. You both have equal input with that child (maybe you a little more since you're CARRYING IT haha). If you want your mom to be in the room, and he was a good man, he would suck it up and want to make you happy. Just like in other situations, you'd do the same.
    ours

Answer by ours at 4:05 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I feel like he is giving me all these ultimatums and you know he hasn't been there for all the other appt. only when we got to here the heart beat of our child..and all the sudden it's a huge deal. My mom can't be there for the birth of her grandchild so I wanted to do something for her so she can feel apart of her grandchild.... so wont get to see the grandchild grow up or get to be the immediate family for it...but I dont no.. I'm just super upset by this cuz he wont take the time to listen to me and understand my reasonings
    jordanc5234

Answer by jordanc5234 at 4:09 PM on May. 1, 2009