I'm trying to conceive but I want to lose weight, is this ok?

I'm trying to lose 90Ibs through exercise and calorie counting, I've done it successfully before, I'm perfectly happy to gain weight during pregnancy but I just want to get my weight down before hand so my weight gain doesn't get out of control, is it ok for me to do this?

princessfairy

Asked by princessfairy at 4:04 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Absoutely, I find that working out is just good in general. Don't focus on loosing 90ibs before you conceive, just work out and that's a good start. Good Luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 4:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Old saying anytime you are trying to lose weight it becomes easier to get pregnant. My grandma always said.
    and I had lost 20 lbs and ended up pregnant. But if you do get pregnant dont continue to try to lose weight. The baby needs all the nutrition he/she can get
    Anonymous

• I lost 30 pounds before I got pregnant with my daughter. If you can lose the weight before you get pregnant, you will most likely have an easier pregnancy. Once you become pregnant though, make sure you aren't continuing to diet. Try to hold off on getting pregnant until you reach your goal. It will make it easier to become pregnant, and you will be a lot healthier, which is always better for baby. Losing 90 pounds will put you at an ideal weight? Or will that put you underweight? Make sure you don't lose too much either.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 4:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Losing 90Ibs puts me at my "Ideal Weight", I just want to be smaller so when I gain pregnancy weight it's a normal amount and I'm not going to be even bigger as it's affecting my self-esteem and I thought I may as well try and be positive and lose the weight and hopefully it will help me to get pregnant too, I want to keep up exercising when I get pregnant so it's mostly baby went I gain.
    princessfairy

Answer by princessfairy at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• it will be a good thing. for your own reasons. but also sometimes just losing 5-10% of your body weight can help you achieve (sometimes) a pregnancy. (if you are having issues conceiving)
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2009