Mirena

Should I be feeling sharp pains every once in awhile with Mirena? I have had it for 1 mth. It kind of feels like I am being poked with something sharp.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Health

• I have Mirena and I dont experience those sorts of Issues. I would say with every bit of confidence that you need to make an appt with you doctor and explain the problem so it can be better evaluated.. Maybe it was inserted incorrectly or has shifted. I would call the GYN to be sure though.
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 4:33 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Let me know what you find out! I am thinking about getting it and I want to learn more about it. I know it is supposed to excrete a tiny amount of progesterone, but is it natural or is it more like progestin? I'm really careful about hormones because I'm estrogen dominant and It's because of Birth control that I got this messed up.
    1heart1mind

Answer by 1heart1mind at 5:09 PM on May. 1, 2009

• OP: I have read a lot of neg. things bout it. And trying to debate whether I want it removed. I dont want any more babies anytime soon and I cant take BC cause it makes me psycho:(
    mommy806209

Answer by mommy806209 at 5:25 PM on May. 1, 2009