Weight gain in pregnancy?

I had a dr appt yesterday and I'm 20 weeks and 5 days now. I've only gained 7 lbs through the whole pregnancy. Is that enough for 20 weeks or should I have already gained a little more by now? It's kinda scaring me that I'm not gaining enough. I gained 5 lbs within the last 4 weeks and only 2 lbs 4 weeks before that. Is this ok or normal? Should I get back in touch with my dr to see about more weight gain?

rainylittlebug

Asked by rainylittlebug at 4:14 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Your weight will catch up with you as the baby grows. Don't worry.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think it's okay as long as the baby is growing okay. i am 30 weeks tomorrow and haven't gained any weight but my doctor is not concerned at all, she just said not to be afraid of eating carbs and fats once in a while..which I do now anyway but it's all going to the baby I guess. You're doing fine and if you are concerned it wouldn't hurt to talk to your doctor again.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:35 PM on May. 1, 2009