what is a foster care review board meeting?

What does the foster care review board meeting mean? Will they say the kids can come home. Me and my husband almost completed our treatment plan. Help please!

brokenheartm428

Asked by brokenheartm428 at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am assuming it is for parents, foster parents (or representative), and case workers to get together and update one another on how everyone is doing--treatment, adjusting to the home, and possibly establish a timeline for completion of anything still outstanding, paperwork, next steps, when/if the children will return home.

I certainly hope for your CHILDRENS sakes that you have wholeheartedly addressed the problems that lead to your children being removed from your home, and that you have learned your lessons and won't be repeating your mistakes, as the children are THE MOST important people in all of this!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:25 PM on May. 1, 2009

• If it is what I think it is, LoriKeet is pretty much on. The parents, foster parents, case worker and others who are involved with the child such as teachers and psychologists will get together and discuss what progress has been made on both sides and what the child needs at that point.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• ofcourse - you dont realize LORI KEET this is false allegations in the first place. MY kids come first. Why cant you post a damn question without being bash!
    brokenheartm428

Answer by brokenheartm428 at 11:56 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't know your situation, but... I spend my teen years in foster care, and watched several children come and go.

YOu say it was false allegations, but you also say that you finished your treatment plan. just make sure that whatever the truth is, that you are ready to take them and live right so that they never have to be put in that situation again. My foster parents woudl take in some really tough kids, love on them, help them heal, then give them back to their parents. some times with happy endings, and sometimes, the kids just bounce right back into foster care when the parents fall back into their own ways. afte a while it hardens a childs heart, they become angry, or so hurt that they just shut down. They feel abandond and let down and unworthy of effort and love. I know you say that in your sitauation is was false allegations, but every parent of every child in foster care that I knew said the same,even my mom
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:16 AM on May. 2, 2009

• I know my side of the story and I dont have to explain it to any of you iam just asking a question.
    brokenheartm428

Answer by brokenheartm428 at 11:51 PM on May. 4, 2009

• i did say we ALMOST completed it btw.
    brokenheartm428

• Believe it or not children do get taken away from there parents on false allegations...I know because I was one of those kids. I was removed from my home on complete bull shit lies & also had my oldest Daughter taken away for lies my ex told because he was not allowed to see my Daughter.I don't know why people belive that the child services are great people because they can be very crooked. There are some that are there for the children but others have done it so long they just don't care & do not check into things the way they should. Also a lot of states are so overrun with children being taken away they just don't have the time to check into things like they should.
    We are all suppose to be mature adults and offer support not bash someone. How would you feel if you needed advice & just got bashed. You do NOT know broken's story & she should not have to explain her personal life with ANYONE.
    southernjess

Answer by southernjess at 9:49 AM on May. 5, 2009