Why blame God?

Why is it that people always blame/ say God is reponsible for everything? "Where is God now?" "God wanted it to be this way" yadda yadda

I mean...this Earth that we live on is technically run by Satan, according to the bible. Satan is the one that is ruler of this Earth and Jesus is sitting up there with his dad.

So why is it that people always blame God when something bad happens?

Why would a father wish malice on their child? He simply doesn't.

vanessa5470

Asked by vanessa5470 at 4:46 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm sorry but I really don't get what you are trying to say. You contradict your own statements and I don't know what you are really getting at!

Anonymous

• Because they don't want to take responsibility for their OWN actions. It's always easier to blame someone else.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I understand you Vanessa.
    People want someone to blame just like Chica said. Its easier to place the blame elsewhere than deal with your own heart on the matter!

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• People feel God could have stopped tragedies that happen. As far as what is happening in our country, how can we blame God? Many people have overspent, got into mortgages that they couldn't afford and greedy people have scammed the public. Our government has voted to spend trillions and trillions of dollars that we will pay back with interest. The list of who to blame can go on and on. God would not be on the list. In fact God promises to heal our land if His people will humble themselves and pray. We keep hearing that church attendance has gone down. Go figure. We can expect things to continually get worse unless we wake up and smell the coffee. grannywilson
    grannywilson

Answer by grannywilson at 5:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Chica and Shane said it.

It's human nature to want to find someone to blame when things don't go our way. More often than not that finger is pointed to God saying "You were never there for me!". It's like the child that stops believing in Santa Claus because he didn't get a puppy that year, know what I mean?
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:10 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Blaming "Satan" is no better than blaming "God." You are still using a scapegoat.
    Anonymous

• the Blame game started with Adam blaming God and Eve, "It was that woman YOU gave me!!" Yes, Satan is the god of this world but he doesn't make people do bad things.......they give in to his influence but the act is theirs....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:38 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Well chica said it already no point in repeating it. But if you want to get into the hows and whys god suposedly created everything. That would include the evil of the world. That would include satan so ultimately he is responsible. Why would he wish malice on his children?? Well maybe he doesn't, but he certainly isn't doing anything to stop it either. He's just standing there letting it happen. But hey ITA with chica. Cause IMO god doesn't exist anyway so it's all hypothetical.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:41 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Great point lissrose : )
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 6:44 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I think it's human nature to ask 'why?' when bad things happen... for some this can include blaming a higher power for not preventing things, for others it can include blaming karma, other people, or assuming guilt yourself. All are different coping strategies, and any take the 'randomness' out of the equation.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:53 PM on May. 1, 2009