What could cause you to get a positive on a ovulation test but neg on hpt when you have already ovulated?

This is weird because i ovulated back on the 20 and 21st of april and today i'm 10 to 11dpo. I've taken hpt and its neg. i was just playing around because i've heard that you can get positive on ovulation kit if you were pregnant and i know this because it happened to me with my first child back 5 yrs ago. i didn't know i was preg and we were trying and i took a ovualtion test and it was pos so i thought i was ovualting so we baby danced and come to find out i was already preggo. I have been having headaches and my breast are a little sore...nothing else besides a little more discharge than normal a whitish kinda yellow color. It looks a little yellow on toilet paper then white when on my finger so if to much info.

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 4:56 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Pregnancy

• HCG levels being to low.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• Ovulating again.

It is possible for a woman to ovulate several times in one month or cycle. It is how fraternal multiples are formed (if the seperate ovulations are fertilized that is) and how some muliples will even have seperate gestational ages.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:24 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I don't see how i can ovulate again if i'm preg and don't see how that other one would get fertilized if my mucus plug is already built b/c that acts as barrier and keeps everything out
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 7:59 PM on May. 1, 2009