Does your toddler live off of Pediasure?

My little guy has been having problems gaining and maintaining weight. He's been to special clinics and they want him to have 3 Pediasure's a day. Since we started this he won't eat (he used to eat EVERYTHING). I called them and they gave me suggestions - same as always - and same things we do. Needless to say they said that some toddlers can survive on Pedisure alone. I want to know if any of you have toddlers who are on Pediasure for weight reasons and what are your experiences.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:56 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have a 13 y/o and wondered if he should have some....he is 77lbs. I am interested in seeing answers.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:57 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My son has always been very skinny he's tall so you can see all his ribs and his spine when he's bent over. I tried giving him Pediasure and he hates it. He'll take a sip out of his sippy and then throw it across the room and shake his head No. If I give him a sippy cup full he'll take one drink and then he's done.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 6:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My 20 month old has a hard time of gaining and maintaining weight. Have you tried giving him milkshakes? Oh, and lots of protein! I dont think any child would want to survive off of those drinks. Try giving him protein and milkshakes on some days then give him the pediasures on others
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

• my daughters been on pediasure sence she was 12 months but this last visit to the docot i told him she wont eat she just wants those. so he told me pediasure causes alot of gas wich makes them fell full along time. so he told me to get those new kids essentials by boost drinks the ones with the immune straw. and we put it in a cup and dip the strw in it so the stuff is in her cup and that seems to help it have the same nutrican for weight problems but with no gas then they eat. there about the same cost to. so try that.
    troubledkat911

Answer by troubledkat911 at 10:26 PM on May. 1, 2009

• you are not alone. my son is on pediasure too and he don't eat either.i have a special needs pedi and a gastroenterologist and they both say its fine for him to only drink the pediasure.i know its hard to watch your baby not want to eat but it will get better.
    swtangelksses

Answer by swtangelksses at 11:52 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My son is 2 years old and won't eat. I too placed him on Pediasure x3 day. Now he throws up 1 day (he's not sick) and has really really stinky gas. The worst part is that now all he wants is water. I think the Pediasure is dehydrating him and giving him gas. I'm taking him off of it.
    Angelica2179

Answer by Angelica2179 at 3:18 AM on Jun. 28, 2010