First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

Michelle Obama at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for the sneakers she's wearing. Ohhhhh, she cares soooo much!

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_feat_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html

cozgrl05

Asked by cozgrl05 at 4:58 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Who are you to say she doesn't, she showed up did you? Most of the clothing she gets is donated to her by designers to get their names out there and if she does but things it will late be auctioned off for charity. So if you are so concerned then why were you there along side her. Apparently your to busy looking up how much her shoes costs to show up.
    Anonymous

• If she does BUY things is what I meant to say.
    Anonymous

• Well, you really didn't expect them to practice what they preach did you? Haven't you heard, he's the chosen one,and he and his family are above reproach. In fact, I'm sure the minions will come out in droves to explain this one away as well.
    Anonymous

• Admittedly, I am not a fan of the Obama's. That said, I really don't care about her shoes. Shoes are just about the only thing I can justify, as they need to be comfortable for walking or standing for long periods of time. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:04 PM on May. 1, 2009

• You people are so ignorant. Do you really think she goes out and buys her clothes? Seriously...designers give people in the spot light clothes so that THEY can PROMOTE their line
    Anonymous

• And if she went to goodwill then you people would have a post up about how trashy she looks. find a hobby
    Anonymous

• This is a hobby, anon. What's the problem?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• There's already a debate going on about this...

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/192490/I_Guess_the_Call_for_everyone_to_Make_Personal_Sacrifices_and_Cut_Back_While_the_Country_is_in_a_Rec
    Anonymous

• I heard Obama coughed 5 min ago
    Anonymous

• A leader leads by example. Not seein' it in this administration. I don't think the Pres. wife is supposed to be anywhere shabby or anything close, but most of what is going on is what makes them look good. That's an old Kennedy thing. Jackie Kennedy might have looked happy, might have looked beautiful, but she was a trophy wife. Her own words and life spoke volumes once she got older and the real story came out about her life. Well, that was off the topic...

Should Mrs. Obama spend hundreds on sneakers? Sure, its her money. But frankly, why couldn't she show moderation? If my paycheck was coming from YOU guys, you better bet you'd be holding ME accountable for how I spent YOUR money.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:11 PM on May. 1, 2009