relationship problems

I'm about to have a baby in June and things have been very tight financially. My boyfriend (the father) makes me feel horrible because he's working and I'm not. I feel like he holds it over my head that he brings in money. We fight constantly because he says I don't do anything for him and I don't clean the house. Unfortunately, we've had our power cut off for about 2 months and we've been doing laundry and other stuff at his sister's. I don't know what to do...I feel like he doesn't want to be with me anymore and that he only wanted to be with me in the first place so that he could have a child. What should I do??? He doesn't listen to my side of the story...he just gets mad at me over everything.

RileyButt

Asked by RileyButt at 5:03 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Relationships

• i think he is just stressed out there is a baby coming, and obviously there is money problems. i hope everything works out for you. my hub was freaking out before the birth i lived at my moms and he lived alone for like 3 mo. he only came to see me for an hour a day. he came around eventually like 3 mo. after the birth.guys get just as stressed out as we do before birth and during pregnancy. good luck
    Anonymous

• Could he be depressed? If he's going to be a father, and things are tough, he could feel like he's failing already. Men tend to lash out in anger when they are depressed unlike women. Its worth looking into, also look at his parents, is there relationship similar, because it could also be a learned thing. I hope you get the electric back on soon, it's going to be tough to take care of a baby without it, but not impossible. (lots of people will tell you that its a dangerous situation, but they did it all the time in the old days). Hugs and Prayers for you.
    Anonymous

• Forget him, men always let you down. Try to not have anymore fights because you're hurting your baby's ears and heart, meaning making her feel bad. When I was pregnant,I used to get frustrated when I prayed and one time my daughter got mad at me for praying like that.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 5:49 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I'll tell you what you should do.. First off it will NEVER change. If he is holding things over your head now he will always do that.. secondly. Grin and bear it, have the baby and get a job then never let anyone hold something over your head again!
    Anonymous

• hmm why is he mad is his job not stable or does not get paid enough for all three of you? Well all' i can say is try and get a job even if its just part-time. and start doing little bit of things while the baby sleeps. I dont work either but my husband doesn't rub that in my face,I tell him I want to work he saids ok but you dont really need to. Try and talk to him say the baby tires you out' . If he doesnt herlp you with the baby ask him to help you with the baby. and then maybe youll have time to do things around the house .
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:38 PM on May. 3, 2009