• In the Spotlight:

What time do you put your kindergartener or preschooler to bed?

lovingmy4babies

Asked by lovingmy4babies at 5:04 PM on May. 1, 2009 in General Parenting

• Before he went to school...whenever. Once school started, 8.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:05 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have a preschooler and 1st grader and they both go upstairs at 7:30pm and are usually asleep within an hour or less
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:06 PM on May. 1, 2009

• We always aim for 8, but really it ends up being more like 9 between our 2 toddlers up & downs.
    ElectraSpy

Answer by ElectraSpy at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2009

• According to my grandmother, I put my 4 and 6 year olds to bed too early- that's why I asked! I usually put them to bed around 7:30! She accused me of doing it 'just to get rid of them'! lol It's my opinion that kids need sleep, that's all!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:11 PM on May. 1, 2009

• They need 8-10 hours of sleep. So, count back from when they have to be up...voila.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:14 PM on May. 1, 2009

• She is in Kinder and 6 yrs she has to be in bed by 7:45 or she is miserable in the morning. He is 5 and in preschool and he is in bed between 7:45- 8:00. He sleeps almost 90mins later. She has to be up at 0600
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• they need more like 10 to 12 hours of sleep a day (so if they nap for an hour they would need 9 to 11 at night).

my 2nd grade SD and preschool SS have been going to bed at 8pm for the past 2 years (since I have known them). They get up between 7am and 8am. When they are at their mom's they go to bed at 9pm and get up at 6:30am. This is a constant battle for us. Because SD is then tired and SS will get to our house and sleep in until 10am!! (We are daycare and they go to school from our house)

We dont have any trouble getting them to bed. They are asleep by 8:30pm every night if not sooner. They keep this schedule year round and on weekends unless there is something special going on such as a ball game, birthday party, movie, etc.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 6:55 PM on May. 1, 2009

• They are always put to bed by 8, but usually fall asleep between 9 and 10. It doesn't really have much to do with them needed to get up early, it's more about I need my peace at night. By 8 I am pretty drained, and just need a few hours to relax before I hit the hay.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 7:27 PM on May. 1, 2009

• My girls (3.5 & 1.5) go down between 7:30-8 pm. It kind of depends on the days activities and how cranky they are!
    2babygirlsinOH

Answer by 2babygirlsinOH at 7:29 PM on May. 1, 2009

• 8pm. I believe children need sleep and letting him go down whenever is never good. I also believe children need a schedule.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 7:35 PM on May. 1, 2009