Double Strollers: Mom's of infant and toddler or multiples-what kind do you have?

I am interested in the Baby Jogger City Mini Double. Its a lightweight, all terrain, double stroller with an easy fold. I am having a baby in the Summer and I have a 2 y/o. I live in NYC and I walk everywhere-so this stroller will be used all the time, in all kinds of weather and therefore is worth the hefty price tag to me. I'm not a fan of tandem strollers and prefer side by side. Do any of you Mama's own the City Mini-do you like it? If not what kind of double stroller do you own and what do you love about it? All recommendations are welcome-price is not as much of a concern as functionality is. I've included a link to copy and paste so you can check out the stroller I mentioned above if your interested.

http://www.babyjogger.com/city_mini_lp.aspx

BelliesMami

Asked by BelliesMami at 5:09 PM on May. 1, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you will like it i dont have that one I have an Esprit Sun Speed Umbrella Duo-Red by ESPRIT
    Buy new: $139.99
    In Stock
    (1)
    at amazon. com

I love mine i have had the other type of double stollers that one child is in the back and one in the front i hated it i love the side by side one .. my kids are 2 1/2 and 9 months i also like mine b/c you can lay back the seats one at a time ( so like if my 9 month old is asleep i can put hers back and keep the other sitting up ) hope this helped the one you picked would work great since you will use it all the time mine only gets used if we go on a walk or to the mall
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 6:39 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I have a Baby Jogger jogging stroller. I love it! The wheels on the City weren't big enough for me to make going over broken sidewalks and curbs easy. It's kind of a pain to fold up, but I've had it for two years now and will probably use it for one more.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:19 PM on May. 1, 2009

• I just bought a Baby Jogger City Classic (the one with 12 inch wheels) and I love it. Easy fold, compact, able to make it through standard doorways, and comfortable.
    I do think I'm going to have to buy the extra "Belly Bar" and detachable snack trays though, if I'm going to make this my main stroller. I'm also missing the parent console and cup holders from my Graco Quattro Duo.
    All of that stuff can be added to the City Classic, but it is spendy. I'm not sure if the City Mini comes equipped with that kind of stuff...

I picked the Baby Jogger because it has more head room than the BOB and my 2 year old is tall. (My little one just turned 1)
    It also has a 100lb total limit, so I know I'll be using it for awhile.

By the way... Albeebaby.com has great stroller deals sometimes... I found my City Classic for $399 including shipping and my local baby store was charging $650 for it!
    MarigoldsMama

Answer by MarigoldsMama at 11:01 PM on May. 2, 2009